cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal down after system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have done a system refresh for QAS from PROD for BI with export import of the backup into test. Everything was ok and refreshed BI is working fine but the SAP BI PORTAL is down. Nothing it is working. I can`t acces the link of the portal nor the visual admin nor configtool. Can you help us making the test working. I know a solution of reinstalling the portal with sapinst but i do not belive that this is the only solution.

The Test Portal have nothing changed. It is the same like it was but the BIT has changed a lot. Can anybody give some ideas how to make it work?

I give you some information found in logs:

dev_jrfc.trc : Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 102

key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Error> occured >Tue Aug 24 09:21:56,809<

RfcException:

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=localhost SYSNR=11 GWHOST=localhost GWSERV=sapgw11 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR partner '127.0.0.1:sapgw11' not reached

TIME Tue Aug 24 09:21:56 201

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 2513

DETAIL NiPConnect

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 79

ERRNO TEXT A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

COUNTER 8

Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 102

key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

default trace: #2#================================== Connection ==================================

ID 502279030649651208

Type QueueConnection

Mode STOPPED

isClosed YES

com.sap.jms.server.SynchronousNetworkAdapter@32af32af isClosed = false waitTableSize = 0 conectionId = 8----

ConnectionMetaData -

JMSVersion Version 1.1

PorviderVersion Version 1.0

SupportedJMSXProperties JMSXGroupID, JMSXGroupSeqJMSXDeliveryCount

================================================================================

#javax.jms.JMSException: JMS Service is stopped

SO we can`t acces Visual Admin and configtool.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your RFC connections since you have copied PRD data to QA. Also check following note:

Note 831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

I suggest you read the system copy guide again for ABAP+JAVA.

The procedure you have done is correct for ABAP system only. When you have ABAP+JAVA you need to do additional steps.

In database you have two schemas SAPSR3 (ABAP) and SAPSR3DB (ABAP+JAVA), when you restore database from production it will replace both the schemas. Now the Java database schema and your file system content for Java are out of sync.

Correct steps to do system copy for ABAP+JAVA systems at least it will be useful for your next system copy.

Production:

u2022 Backup your Production database (you can use Tivoli as it uses backint using brbackup)

u2022 Export Java using SAPINST, you have to select ABAP+JAVA using database procedure.

u2022 Take the backup of control file you can use a script to generate files; this is mentioned in system copy guide.

Quality:

u2022 Restore your database.

u2022 Use SAPINST to import the java content using backup/restore procedure.

u2022 In the process you need to copy your CONTROL.SQL file to the directory from where you have started your import.

u2022 One your Java import is successful your Java will also start and you can do your post system activities.

Now the options you have are to reinstall JAVA or you can still export java using ABAP+JAVA from Prod and use SAPINST to import the java on QA box.

But be prepared for few errors to troubleshoot using the second procedure because you will create the control file for the database which is not a major concern.

Jibin:

I have done system copy for ABAP+JAVA using backup/restore many times and it worked perfectly. For database in TB'S it is impossible to use R3export and import procedure (atleast i think we do need to take that much downtime).

Using backup/restore procedure we need max 1 hour of downtime to export only java.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for this information. The problem is that our DB is very big so it would take longer to export import using sapinst. with Abap+Java solution using sapinst .. now it take 10 hours..

So i have decided to reinstall portal.

I uninstalled SCS01 .. and now i have other problem. I have searched for the solution but couldn`t find it. Can you help me with this one too? Last time i uninstalled SCS01 and it worked now it doesn`t.

ERROR 2010-09-01 11:28:55.266

FJS-00003 TypeError: nw.getJavaHome() has no properties (in script NW_Addin_SCS|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 60748: ???)

ERROR 2010-09-01 11:28:57.267

FCO-00011 The step setUserEnvironment with step key |NW_Addin_SCS|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|setUserEnvironment was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :TypeError: nw.getJavaHome() has no properties (in script NW_Addin_SCS|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 60748: ???)).

INFO 2010-09-01 11:30:24.310

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Addin_SCS|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|setUserEnvironment".

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem while creating Users. so you need to run installation as root. might be you may running from sapinst, give root authorization to sapinst and give it a try.

add sapinst to root group in etc/groups

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain high level steps you have done for system copy from prod to test?

Is your java import successful? I am assuming you have done system copy using backup/restore method.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We haven`t done anything to java part so we haven`t import anything regarding java.

What we have done is a homogenous copy of the database.. via backup with tivoli (offline prd) and restore into BIT with tivoli Then recreation of ctrl files and everything according to what was written in the note for homogenous copy.

We have our PRD portal online and ok? Is there a way to restore the portal too or to copy the PRD portal to QAS?

Last time what we have done was a reinstallation of the BI portal with sapinst.. I think there must be other solution for this refresh of prd regarding the portal.

Thanks

Edited by: Patrick Raileanu on Aug 26, 2010 3:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowlage Portal system we need to do through Export/Import method only and some spl step need to carry in post-import step.

Now you need to re-install BI-portal. Don't use backup/restore method.

I tried much in portal system with Backup/restore method. we can make up JAVA. but Portal will not come up.

I don't know any new method is there or not in Portal operation.

Thanks and Regards,

Jibin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error logs say:

RfcException:

I think that you must check your services file and see if the entry for sapgw11 is correctly maintained in it.

services file location:

/etc/services (on unix/linux)

<drive>:\windows\system32\driver\etc\services (on windows)

If the correct entry is maintained, please check whether the hostname and IP are correct. I am surprised to see that it is picking up 'localhost' instead of server hostname.

Please check these two things and let us know the result.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i have open both files services / hosts.. and everything seems to be ok. On services i found

sapgw11 3311/tcp # SAP System Gateway Port

The servers are AIX and the DB si Oracle. Nobody changed these files for more than 2 years and before refresh oh QAS the portal worked just fine. Practically the problem is that there is no connection between BI TST and TST portal. Nothing even at unix level. I think the problem is soewhere between DB and portal.. because he can`t find any connection.

Some other log files:

database.1.log :

#1.5 #001A64E912A200310000003B001570BE00048E8BC8337BDA#1282630917258#/System/Database/sql/jdbc/direct##com.sap.sql.jdbc.direct.DirectConnection#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_27##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sql.jdbc.direct.DirectConnection#Java#com.sap.sql_0003#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle#SQL error occurred on connection beta:BIT:SAPBIPDB: code=17,002, state="null", message="Io exception: Connection reset";

SQL statement is "ROLLBACK".#5#17002#<null>#Io exception: Connection reset#beta:BIT:SAPBIPDB#ROLLBACK#

server0.log : #1.5 #001A64E912A200450000082C001570BE00048E8BC83E8D97#1282630917983#/System/Server##com.sap.caf.eu.cc.content.svc.CCServiceFrame#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_75##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.caf.eu.cc.content.svc.CCServiceFrame#Plain###Cannot instantiate class: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl. Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl

at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)

1.5 #001A64E912A200680000003B001570BE00048E8BC82CCE12#1282630916813#/System/Security#sap.com/com.sap.workflow.j2eemoni#com.sap.engine.services.security#J2EE_GUEST#0#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_7##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.engine.services.security#Java#security_3031#com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityResourceBundle#Cannot get run_as identity for the security role "".#1#MBeanCreator#

#1.5 #001A64E912A20009000006CF001570BE00048E8BC83BC936#1282630917802#/System/Security##com.sap.engine.services.userstore#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_64##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.services.userstore#Plain###Service userstore stopped OK#

Thanks