cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-PI-Idoc with Acknowledgments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are working on File-PI-Idoc scenario. In our existing scenario we were not required of any acknowledgments back from ECC system but now on successful posting of Idoc or on any error in posting idoc in ECC, we want an acknowledgment to be sent back to sender system as file.

I have checked previous posted threads on the same topic and tried making some congiguration changes but not getting any acknowledgment.

Please guide me in this.

Regards,

NJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FILE/ JMS do not process/ ask for ACKs.

May be you will have to trigger another process once the IDOC gets uploaded in the SAP system and then place this file back into the folder.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then what is the best way to update the sender system on for which file what idoc no or document is created in SAP ECC?

Reg,

NJ

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surely I have not tried that and to be honest I am confused about what has to be done in there. But will that send ACK back to the FILE folder?

@Nishu: The workaround that I know have mentioned it in the earlier reply, about triggering another process which will send back the IDOC status and which can be passed to the FILE as a new scenario. Check if the reference given by Shabz matches your requirement....and I think it is for SAP PI7.11

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This document won't help.

It is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have gone through this link and did the configurations as per this document. But still after successful posting of Idoc in ECC, I am not getting back ALEAUD Idoc back from ECC.

Reg,

NJ

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible.