Did you mean: 

CHARM maintenance project

former_member694070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I need your gudance on the following scenario:

We are currently having two different landscapes for ECC landscape as below:

First landscape: ED1(DEV)--->QA(EQ1)-->EPP(PRD)

Second landscape: ED2 (DEV)--->EQ2 (QA)---EPP (PRD)

Both landscapes having the same production system (EPP) as final destination.

We are planning to set-up ChaRM process in Sol Man. As a first set up, we have created two logical components in SMSY for above two landscapes. And aswell created RFCs & STMS routes.

Now we are planning to create maintenance project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. Is it advisable to create one maintenace project & add these two logical components into one project or create two maintenace project & assign each logical component to each project?

If i assign both two logical components into one mantenace project, will the task list will created successfully? Because during CR creation, if i mention the ibase component of EPP, how the system will know which transport path to be followed ie, first landscape path or second landscape path?

Thank you

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

If I remember correctly you have to create two logical components :

ED1(DEV)--->QA(EQ1)-->EPP(PRD)

ED2 (DEV)----->EQ2 (QA)

then you assign both logical components to the same maintenance project and generate your tasklist. When creating a TR from a change document, you will be prompted for the development system you want to use for you dev, this is how the transport path will be determined.

Hope this helps.

BR.

Stéphane.

former_member694070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

As you have said, When i execute the action "Logon to System" in the change document, the system will prompt me to select the dev system. For instance i have selected the ED2-Dev system. After successfully importing the transport to EQ2, will i able to import the tranport into EPP from EQ2 (through the action "Import the transport to production") even though the production system has been not added in the second logical component?

Please guide

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course, provided the transport routes have correctly been defined in TMS. Can you copy paste the tasklist structure here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you solve this issue? We have similar strategy and we are looking for a solution to this similar issue.

Regards

Bidesi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes it should be posible, as stated by Kirit in the below blog,system automatcally create tasklist as two separate landscapes

chk here

[|]

jansi