Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit fields during approval process

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the requirement as: Approver should be given a particular field for editing at item level. I have done this using the view /SAPSRM/V_MDF_IC and using the class /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_WRKFLOW.

Approver is able to see the field in edit mode. But when he tries to change the field value and press enter, the field goes to display mode.

My requirement is that the field should be in edit mode till he presses the submit button. Can anyone help me in this?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Chek note 1277921.

It can help you.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

I have made use of this note only to achieve whatever I mentioned above.

Thanks,

Sivagami R

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the note Iam able to make the fields editable. But once I change the values of the field, it becomes uneditable. I want the fields to be editable till submit button is clicked.

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need to debug and check your dynamic code of the fields.. If you didn't develop any dynamic coding to open up the fields then its other option..

Please try to control the metadata properties of the field through dynamic class for this type of requirements..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dont use any custom development for this. Use APPROVAL WITH COMPLETION as approval type for that particular process level.

In your case you are trying to make the field editable using custom code, but the approval type APPROVAL seems to be changing it back to display only.

Revert back with details if this does not help you

Regards

Virender Singh

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 4 levels of approval. Only some fileds should be editable for 1st and 4th level approval. Hence I cant use Approval with completion.

Thanks,

Sivagami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order for the approver to make any change,s you will still need APPROVAL WITH COMPLETION. Without that approver will not be able to make any changes to the cart.

Do one thing, Use APPROVAL WITH COMPLETION at level 1 and Level 4. For the fields which you want the approver not to edit, control those fields through Webdynpro Classes and Methods....Its a kind of reverse engineering where you are disabling fields for people who are NOT REQUESTOR or CREATOR of the shopping Cart.

Regards

Virender SIngh

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't use 'approval with completion' for 4th step after using 'approval' for 2nd and 3rd step. Hence I have used the view mentioned above and the corresponding class and method.

I am able to see the field as editable and able to enter values. Once I press enter it is becoming uneditable. I want the field to be editable till I press 'Submit' button.

Thanks,

Sivagami