cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Deleting file after processing - File(NFS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am testing a scenario in which the sender communication channel is using a FILE adapter with NFS Protocol for polling the files. The source directory has multiple files to be picked up for the file name scheme. I have set the parameter "Processing Mode" to "Delete" in order to delete the processed files.

I am getting the following error when checked in message monitoring.

Could not delete file "abcd.txt' after processing

Error: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.transaction.api.TxManagerException: Unable to commit transaction: The transaction has been rolled back: com.sap.engine.services.ts.transaction.TxRollbackException

The other parameters set are

Qos: Exactly Once

Poll Interval : 600

Empty File Handling : Process Empty Files

Processing Sequence: By Name

File Type : Text.

There is no issue with permissions of the file.

Need to know Why the file is not getting deleted?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

It's basically unable to commit to the database...either it did already process the file with same timestamp and name or should have issue with the authorization...try to change the file name and try once again...

Thanks,

Srini

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

the Adapter Engine user the service user from Windows that started the instance (<SID>adm) for the Operating System operations.

On windows systems, typically, you'll have to grant authorization to that user for the folder you're handling.

BR,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Also, check whether the file has Read-Only attribute.

If yes, then it needs to be removed.

-Supriya.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no issue with permissions of the file.

Are you sure about this. It may happen that the user used in the communication channel doesn't have authorization to delete file from the folder where the file is present. Ask your basis team to check folder permission.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply Prateek.

Yes, I have checked with Basis team. There are no such issues.

Thanks.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i too think that it is definetly permission issue, select processing mode test and let me know the status, if it works fine means then you dont have a proper rights to delete the file.

Regards,

Raj