cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no in SAP??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii experts

In SAP while getting every warning or error message .System is showing Message number ..?

What does it mean ??

What exactly the message will do. Eg , Mesage no FS219??

Explain me in more detailed information about the message number ..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message number is actually message class and message number.

the message class identifies the area the messae belongs too, the message number is a technical identifier like the material number.

as there are many similar message on first sight, the message number is important to know when investigating.

Especially here in the forum, when people talk about messages but type the content of the message totally wrong.

Specifc to FS219, the area starting with F explains already that this message belongs to Finance, so you shoud post questions regarding to this message in Finance forum rather than in MM forum.

Edited by: Jürgen L. on Aug 26, 2010 9:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

What exactly the message will do. Eg , Mesage no FS219??

Can u explain me about the how it will be usefull for consultant to trouble shoot the issues in SAP??

Take an example and explain me message no.FS219

Explain me in more detailed information about the message number ..

Thanks

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check all answered links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

For FS219: G/L account & is relevant to tax; check code

T-code SE91, pass message class and you will see all messages for this class.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Message states that the problem is generated while invoicing in FI enjoy tcode...

this error may also get generated due to program error

or may be due to G/L account to tax code improper configuration...

Regards

Priyanka.P

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the very same place where you see the messge number you can see the long text to the message. Here SAP explains in most cases why this message was sent.

in your cases you used a G/L account that is setup in a way that you have to post with tax.

But you did not enter any tax.

so you have usually 2 options, either post with tax or if you are the opinion that this post should be possible without tax, then talk to the finance people who have setup the GL account to get this setting changed.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in t.codee: OBA5,check error Message no. FS 219 is already set or not.

This is related to your G/L account ( check in FS00) & maintaioned tax category as * and checked poting with out tax allowed .

Also check with FICO consultant.

Regars,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The FS219 Error is for "G/L account is relevant to tax; check code"

Most people above have explained what this error stands for, I will try to give a good insight on how to use this errors and how it helps. There are few Standard SAP error messages and there are few which are defined by the business.

It is upto you whether you want the system to pop up this error message, if you decide not to, you can deactivate this messages but it is highly not recommended.

There is one good part, you could be able configure the system in such a way that a few users might receive the error and few users will not receive the error.

I will take the example of FS219 and explain how you can deactivate this message for few users.

Go to IMG: Cross-Application Components>Bank Director>Change Message Control. then give FS application area, then create new entry and with mesg No 219 give user name and "-" to switch off the message for this user.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

In SE91 , what exactly i have to do ?? There ican give message no .

But its asking for Message class ?? what message class mean??

Using above activites how i can find root cause for this issue ??

Can some elborate on this .........

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In SE11 open view V_T100SA or table T100T

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in SE91

enter FS in message class

and 219 as message number.

then click display

then select the message and click the where-used button and SAP will give you a list if programs that issues this messae.

here you can go into the programs to read the ABAP coding to get knowledge under what circumstances the message is issued.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murtuza. Your inputs are helpful.

Regards,

Abdul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Message number is nothing but the corresponding no. or an unquie no. assigned to the message details, and is also saved in the system...

for ex.

AB000 : Corresponds to message details for MM

Normally from first two letters also we can understand from which department the message is getting generated and as per that we can proceed to solve it...

there are few types of messages:

1. general warning message shows wid yellow colour

2. error message, which is shows wid Red colour and is must to be solved before you proceed..

you can few of them in OMCQ tcode as well...

regards

Priyanka.P