Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transport Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know on the following query:

1) Do we need to create a vendor for STO and assign the delivering plant to it. When we create a Purchase Order of type Stock Transfer Order the system asks us to enter the plant and not the vendor. So probably we dont need to create any vendor for STO. Am I correct???

Path is m321n---> select stock transport order in the dropdown

System asks for plant and not the vendor..

Please suggest

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Below is the actual STO process which might help you understand the process.

STO: Transfer stock between plants,

Transfer of goods from one location to another location,it may be between plants within the same company code or in different company code's plants.

within the company code,bet plants,

receiving plant will raise the STO in Supplying/issuing plant-ME21n,

Supplying plant will deliver the goods to receiving plants ,

then we need to pick n post the Goods Issue-VL02n,

nw when we can observe that the STO qtty will be added into receiving plant and reduced in Delievering plant,

To do this, we need do prior customizatin in SPRO-IMG,-material should be created in both plants( receiving & Supplying)

-maintaing the stock only in supplying plant

-create a dummy customer in supplying plant's sales area(if u have one sales area, create in tat comp code n sales area)

-assign this customer number to receiving plant's details along with the sales area,

-Assign the STO doc type(UB) to Supplying plant, along with checking rule

-ASsign the Del type (NL/NLCC) to Supplying n receiving plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanx for answering the prompt reply. But probably you people didnt understand my question..

As I have read in the customisations for STO, We need to create a vendor and assign the supplying plant to the vendor.. However when we create a PO in me21n of type Stock Transfer Order in the dropdown we dont need to enter the vendor as the system automatically asks for the delivering plant for the PO and not the vendor...In that case do we need to create a vendor ... According to me there is no need to create a vendor??

Also I am creating a STO using the dropdown option Stock Transport Order in me21n ..Is that the correct way or we need to create a STO using the dropdown option as Standard PO..Which is the correct option as me21n doesnt ask for any document type while making a PO.. It asks us to select the type of PO in me21n..Which is the correct option Standard PO or Stock Transport Order for making a STO?? Please suggest

Please answer the above 2 queries..

Thanx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not have to create and assign Vendor for STO scenario. This is only needed for intercompany STO - between different company codes.

ME21N is the correct way. In the top left field you should choose a document type for STO (standard one is 'UB'). Once you do that then instead of providing supplying Vendor you will be asked to provide supplying plant code.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayant,

If the STO is between plant to plant then the supplying plant will be treated as vendor to the receiving plant. Thats the logic.

Regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends upon whether the stock transfer is happening between plants belonging to same legal entity ( company code) or different legal entities.

In case of same legal types, the STO type will be of UB and transfer will be between plants with Plant 1 as Delivering plant and Plant 2 as receiving plant. This process does not involve invoice . The delivery type will be NL

In case of separate legal entities, supplying plant will be considered as a vendor. During this time, you need the mapping of plant vendor code ( refer T001W table ). STO type will be NB and delivery type will be NLCC. There will be MIRO ( invoice verification ) and invoice in this process.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

CLN