cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when the time of create apllication in webdynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when i am trying to create apllication for webdynpro component it shows the error message like

'you are not authorized to use transaction sicf ' in the status bar . what is the problem and how can avoid this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem: I can't create WD apllication in ABAP because I have an error message

"You have no authorization to use SICF". I spoke to basis. He says that other programmers

from our company can create WD apllication despite the fact that they have no SICF authorization.

In other words they don't want to give us authorization to use SICF.

When I run SU53, I see:

Authorization check failed

Object Class AAAB Cross-application Authorization Objects

Authorization Obj. S_TCODE Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start

Authorization Field TCD Transaction Code SICF

User's Authorization Data TEZ4K

Object Class AAAB Cross-application Authorization Objects

Authorization Object S_TCODE Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start

How can I create WD application without authorization to use SICF?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Faina Fridman

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Call transaction SU53 directly after you get this error. It should show you what auth you are missing.

It would seem strange to me that you'd need access to the actual transaction SICF - but it may be that one of the methods/FM's that is being called to create the ICF entry for your application is just displaying this as the error message, when actually it is a different (but related) authorisation that is being checked.

As suggested - go chat to your security team, they should be able to help you out.

Chris

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

You are not authorized to use SICF tcode in development client. So try to create Webdynpro application in testing client where u have authorization for this tcode.

Because whenever you create a webdynpro application, Internet Communication Framework (ICF) services for that application has to be maintained.since you are not authorized to access SICF it fails to do the same.

For more information refer the below link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/content.htm]

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rama

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Babu Purnachand,

You need to get in touch with yoru BASIS team. Check if your user ID is assigned the necessary roles & permissions to perform developments.

The exact error is because, when you try to create a application, an entry would be created in the SICF transaction. Since, your user id lacks the permissions to access SICF, it is throwing the error.

Ask for permissions to access SICF transaction.

Regards,

Sharath