SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Clearing

0 Kudos

Dear Freinds,

I am at client site now and they have a unique requirement in setting automatic clearing of incoming payments. The Client's business is operation and management of distribution of water. The Business Partner will typically have the following items in his account after invoicing

1. Current month meter rent

2. Current Month Consumption Charges

3. Outstanding Meter rent Charges for the previous Month(3 -4 documents pertaining to diff months)

4 Outstanding Consumption Charges (3-4 documents pertaining to diff months)

5.Late Payment Charges ((3-4 documents pertaining to diff months)

now,The customer requirement for clearing against this incoming payments are on the basis of last

in first out. i.e. An incoming paymnet should clear

1st Current month meter rent

2nd Current Month Consumption Charges

3rd Outstanding meter Rent, if any

to exemplify further , below is the items in a Business Partner Account and the rankings of preference of clearing against an incoming payment.

Business partner Account

Rank

Meter Rent - July '10 1

Consumption Charges-July '10 2

LPC Charges- July'10 9

Meter Rent - June '10 3

Consumption Charges-June '10 4

LPC Charges-june'10 10

Meter Rent - May '10 5

Consumption Charges-May '10 6

LPC Charges - May'10 11

Meter Rent -Apr '10 7

Consumption Charges-Apr '10 8

LPC Charges- Apr'10 12

Please help me with this. is there any standard clearing strategy available to configure this ?

Thanks and regards

Sulfee

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the following path in SPRO-

IMG->Financial Accounting (New)->Contract A/c AR & AP->Basic Functions-> Open Item Mgmt->Clearing Control->Define clearing variants

Create a new variant and a clearing step.

In the clearing Step,in the sorting characteristic, choose "Due date with Deferral" and tick the sort check box.

Give the sort characteristic as 1. Due Date with deferral and 2. Main transaction and give rank as 1. In the alternative sorting give the main tranasction for meter rent, then consumption, then LPC etc.

Hope it helps......

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

thanks amlan

for your instant reply

can u tell me where this clearing variant needs to be assigned for , which enables the incoming program to take the automatic clearing variant specified.

Thanks and regards

Sulfee