cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQ series to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1) I am doing a support for one interface. I support to change the lenght from 10 char to 30 char.

Scenario : External definition (WSDL) to RFC.

I understood this external definition file (XSD) has been imported before from source system. So if i want to change this WSDL file , how can i approach ?

Question 1): Am i need to request from Source system again this XSD file to import again or can i modifify directly in PI7.1

system ?

2) Am i required to do all mapping again , if i change one field ?

3) what are the steps i need to follow before change ?

Please reply back.

Regards,

vasudeva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I support to change the lenght from 10 char to 30 char.

If you just want to change the lenght of a field, you need not do anything at all.

In XML the lenght of a field is not sonsidered, mapping does not care about it.

So all you have to do:

- If you have a file content conversion: adjust it.

- If you have an XML validation: Provide new XSD

- make sure that RFC call can handle 30 characters.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message structure should be the same in the source and PI system....if the source itself cannot send/ incorporate the new message format then there is no point in changing it in PI.

1): Am i need to request from Source system again this XSD file to import again or can i modifify directly in PI7.1 system ?

You can change the XSD but what about the changes in source system?

2) Am i required to do all mapping again , if i change one field ?

If you are not changing the hierarchy of the message then the mapping wont be lost.

3) what are the steps i need to follow before change ?

Nothing specific...just ensure that you will be getting the message (from sender) as per the new changes...otherwise the new changes do not hold any meaning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek,

Thanking for your kind reply. Its same structure but lenght only changing.

Do i need to request a XSD file again ?

Do i need to import again into external definitions?

If i import again, i need to import at the mapping stage also, then mapping will be gone right ?

Regards,

vasudeva

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do i need to request a XSD file again ?

Better....this will ensure that the sender and PI are using the same message (even parameter-wise)

Do i need to import again into external definitions?

Yes...Since you would be using the ED directly in MT, you will be first changing it outside XI/ PI....so you have to re-import in the same ED.....no more changes required.

If i import again, i need to import at the mapping stage also, then mapping will be gone right ?

Since you are just changing the length of an existing field, it will not harm your mapping......the mapping wont be lost.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its safe and better to request the new XSD file from source system rather than you changind it in PI...

if there are no major changes as you said only field length changes...then just reload the source message in message mapping and the mapping will beretained..no need to change anything..

Hope this clarifies..

Regards

Rajesh