cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with filters in TABLE UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I followed all the steps which are described in the DEMO_TABLE and checked almost all the threads regarding this concept Filters in normal Table ..

These are the following steps which i followed.

Create a node called filter wiht cardnality 1:1 and binded with the UI Property of the column FILTER VALUES .

Created a table handler implemented in do modify view and created a method for filter and the same steps as it is...

created a toggle button and created a swithfilter method and pasted the code as it changing the node and view names as declared by me.

Problem now is when i click on the filter button a filter option is visible but the remaining records below which were supposed to be displayed are vanished.... Unable to understand which part i have missed and kindly help me how a line of filter along wiht the records below shd appear....

GoodDay...

Regards,

Sana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it by myself i was facing some problem in giving the action event name as wrong one so it was giving me a dump ...

Observation: The event handler names should be delcared correctly if we want the correct output...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After filter symbol is displayed and when i enter the some values to select it is giving dump as Action &OBJECT_ID& does not exist . Can anyone please help me why it is dumping when i enter something ...

Regards,

Sana..

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that you don't have any onSelect actions in your table for things like dropdown by keys. I've found that these events sometimes get triggered when clicking on the column header (to trigger a sort) (really not sure why). Given the similarities between sort and filter - it might be related. I've added a check in all my onSelect events to check that a context element has actually been selected before. e.g.

METHOD onactionchange_emp_group .

* Check if element is selected in case of sorting to avoid short dump
  IF context_element IS NOT INITIAL.
    wd_comp_controller->subgroup_selected( context_element ).
  ENDIF.

ENDMETHOD.

Where is your dump actually occurring? When you check in ST22?

EDIT - Oh well - glad you solved it!

Edited by: Chris Paine on Aug 26, 2010 4:07 PM - post was just a little too late!