cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading an Inbound PI file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have this scenario where an inbound file is sent by an outside system in PI. My requirements is I need to read that file in my local program. Is there a function module I can use to do this? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Then you can create an inbound proxy to post the data into SAP.

Regards,

Loveena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Is this local program created in PI? Can you explain in detail the source and target system?

If the target system is SAP then you can create an RFC and post the data in SAP. The RFC created in SAP can be imported in PI and perform mapping between File received in PI and target RFC message.

Let me know if this is your requirement.

Regards,

Loveena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loveena,

The source system is an application outside sap and the target system would be SAP where i am creating my local program. The program is not a PI program its just an abap report.

Thanks!

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have this scenario where an inbound file is sent by an outside system in PI. My requirements is I need to read that file in 
my local program. Is there a function module I can use to do this?

What is your local program? For PI to pick up the file you need to setup a file server and ensure its connectivity with the PI system.

Once the file is placed and picked by PI you can map it to the required FM (RFC)....the question is quite generic...some more details may get you more specific answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the local program will just convert the file into an internal table.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> the local program will just convert the file into an internal table.

Do you have the stucture of the local program ready? Have you imported into your IR/ ESR? Yours will be a FILE --> XI/ PI --> RFC scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the local program is just an abap report.

with this logic

start-of-selection.

call function to read inbound file generated.

loop at itab_inbound_generated.

move itab_inbound_generated into corresponding fields of it_final_report.

endloop.

end-of-selection.

perform display report.

the question here is what FM should i use or what technique should i use to fetch the data from PI.

thanks.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the question here is what FM should i use or what technique should i use to fetch the data from PI.

Better to ask the question on ABAP forum.