cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced search for purchase orders returns nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on SRM 7.0 classic scenario .I'm trying to do a advanced search for purchase orders and it returns nothing as it is checking for the PO's in SRM not in the Backend system.But we have all PO's in backend system.

If I try to search for shopping carts / confirmations it works fine as they are available in the local system.

I have all configurations ser for backend system but still no luck.

Any ideas/clues to get rid of the issue?

Thank you,

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from your SRM , you can do confirmation for backend Purchase order.

i dont know why you could get the backend Purcase order from SRM confirmation transaction.

Note 1459297 - Unable to create confirmation for PO with service items

You have a backend purchase order with service items. You try to create a confirmation for this PO in SRM. However, the system throws the error "PO contains no items for confirmation".

OR

Note 1092998 - Employee cannot create confirmation for classic bidding PO

1. Shopping cart is created by Employee Role for product category that has sourcing option as 'Sourcing always carried out' .

2. In Sourcing Cockpit, Bid invitation is created by strategic purchaser.

3. Classic PO is created after accepting Bid from Supplier by Strategic Purchaser.

4. When Requestor tries to search for this PO for creating confirmation (using transaction BBPCF02), PO could not be displayed, since the PO has been created by Purchaser.

In such cases Employee, who is the requestor for the Shopping Cart, should have the Purchase Order listed in his work list.

I

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Problem is not with the confirmations. I can create confirmatiosn for backend PO's.

Issue is with the 'Advanced search' option . It doesnt return any classic PO's.

Same issue we have with central confirmation query . when a user with central reciepient role tries to search for confirmations that POWL is not returning any PO's.

Please let me know if you have any clues ?

Thanks

Lavanya

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

then you will one get one note from SAP

hope you might have created OSS message

SRM-EBP-CGS OR SRM-EBP-CA-SRH component.

attach supporting docuemnt with step by step in the message. you will get reply shortly

Note 1346697 - Search for classic PO is not working with certain filters

Symptom

While searching for a Purchase Order in SRM either using Advanced Search or searching for a Purchase Orders available for Confirmation and Invoice,we are unable to find classic Purchae Orders using some criterion like 1.Delivery date To/From 2.Invoicing Party 3.Account assignment Field value 4.Supplier Product Number.Other terms

Invoice, Confirmation,Search,Backend

Reason and Prerequisites

This is due to Program Error.

Solution

Implement the attached corrections or import the relevant Support Package.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also try the follwoing note.. Even I have the same problem with PO advance search this note resolved it..

Note : 1417179

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

In SRM 7.0 Classic scenario, I understand from Lavanya in above thread, that we can do confirmation from SRM as well for backend POs.

I have few questions here.

1, Is it possible post confirmations for all goods/service/limit POs?

2. return or cancellation is possible in SRM for all goods/service/limit POs?

3.if SRM PO is changed in ECC, changes get reflected in SRM during confirmation?

4.Which Role is required for posting confirmation from SRM.Central reciever or just requestor can do this.How about administrator.

5.What happen if it is a team SC - PO, where the SC was created by 1 requestor but theeventually got changed by 2nd requestor.

Both will be able to do confirmation/cancellation in SRM?

Regards,

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what you experienced is standard behavior of SRM 7 advance search. I don't think it would go to ECC system and retrieve SRM POs in Advance Search for PO objects. You would have to search for classic POs in ECC system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jay,

It is actually searching for SRM PO's and as they dont exist it returns nothing.

Thank you,

Lavanya

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confirmations can refer either to purchase orders created in SAP SRM, or to purchase orders created outside SAP SRM in the back-end system.

it works both scenario as well.

In SRM you can confirm both POs, Backend PO and SRM POs.

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You create a shopping cart and it would create a PO in the back end and approve the PO either me29n or workflow.

later you can search the PO in SRM for confirmation easily.

if you have a central good recipient role , you can search all approved PO for confirmation in SRM.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you for the response.

The search works fine when I create confirmation , it gets all the PO's but when I do a advanced search for PO's It returns nothing.

Anything is missing in the customization? any clues?

Regards

Lavanya

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not clear:- it gets all the PO's but when I do a advanced search for PO's It returns nothing.

more precise. i am not getting you .

Muthu