Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM import manager value mapping issue

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SRM-MDM 3.0 , MDM 7.1.04 SP04.

I create a lookup table ,incicate "map", and import some data to the lookup table by EXCEL

in import manager, I defined source field map destination field with lookup table .

but when carry out import manager. source field value don't map destination field value automatically, map have to be done manually.

I expect the value mapping is automatical such as standard table :supplier

otherwise, when start import server, it will faile.

Best regards

Jesse

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse

Auto mapping of the values work for a lookup table when it is enabled for key mapping. Please follow the following steps-

1. Unload the repository and check in MDM console if the lookup table has the key mapping property as yes. You can check this by selecting the repository and then the lookup table. Enable key mapping as yes if not done so.

2. Import the values in the lookup table using excel files and the import manager. While importing you will find remote key in the destination side which can be mapped to unique fields defined for the table. Say your lookup table has fields code and description out of code is unique. Then in the import map create clone for Code field and map to remote key in destination side.

3. Ensure that all the lookup table entries have a remote key mapping. You can check this by logging to Data manager and select the table and for each entry select Edit key mapping- you should find remote keys maintained.

5. Also in the map property enable Default MDIS handling parameter for unmapped values handling as Add. This implies that the new entries imported in the lookup table will be automatically added.

hope this helps-Ravi

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi

Thank you, I think what you said is reasonable.

I will have a try as you hinted and feed back the result.

Best regards

Jesse.

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi

I have solved the problem, thank you for your help again.

Jesse.

Answers (0)