cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing cProjects web application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anybody done any modifications to 'cProjects' web application. All applications are based on Webdynpro for ABAP. I see the service 'cProjects' in SICF transaction as active, but when I enter the 'cProjects' application name se80 transaction, it says that the application does not exist. Please help. Anybody who would also like to share their real time experience would help.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure about the version of cProjects? It was done in BSP at first, but with release 4.0 it was done in Web Dynpro ABAP.

Regards, Heidi

PS For information about enhancements of Web Dynpro ABAP applications, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c5/f4b9422e0fb911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Message was edited by: Heidi von Geisau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am using version 4.0, but only see cprojects as a bsp application and not as a web dynro.

Regards.

David.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again Heidi. Yeah, I have seen the help you have suggested. I fail to see that cProjects is actually a Web Dynpro. Just about all of the customizing of cProjects is for Web Dynpro, but my understanding is that cProjects is a BSP Application? Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick?

How do I find which view I need to modify in cProjects? Then maybe I could enhance cProjects via the SE80 dropdown under Web Dynpro Comp./Intf. Currently if I type in cProjects under Web Dynpro Comp./Intf. it does not exist. Is there something I am missing?

I know we are close, but the cigar is just out of reach..hehe

Regards.

David.

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

David

I am busy with an enhancement to cProjects in the SAP xRPM/cProjects/cFolders 4.00 (ABAP) implementation.

All the WebDynpro applications and components can be found in the DEVELOPMENT_PROJECTS_UI_WD package.

The main component in the CPROJECTS application is DPR_MAINFRAME.

Regards

Faaiez

PS: Is this accurate enough?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

cProjects is a BSP Application, You can find it in the SE80 by choosing BSP Application in the dropdown and what is that you are trying to enhance functionality or Look and Feel ?

Thanks,

Trikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please follow this way to find the cProjects application in SE80

Select ' Repository Browser ' > BSP Application (from drop down) > Enter cProjects and display .

All the objects of cProjects application will be displayed

Regards

Yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cprojects version 5.0 is in WEB Dynpro. Earlier versions where in BSP.

Look for the WD Application cProjects or WD components DPR* to see

if you system has the latest version.

The services DPR* must br active in SICF to use.

But what is the real question:

" Customizing cProjects web application"

This could mean:

using the option to include a custom WD component inside the standard DPR mainframe.

You can use conponent configuation to configure standard Components.

to hide fields for example. See WDC WD_CONFIGURATION_EDITOR

See SPRO under Collaboration projects -> Enhancement for the full set of options.

Im not sure the actual issue is clear

Since this is the WDA forum, I assume we are talking about the Cprojects Web Dynpro version.

Cheers

Phil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom.

If you find out, please lets us know. I have a requirement to make modifications to cprojects too.. I think cprojects is a bsp.

Not sure if you have gone through the img to see the help there.

IMG => collaboration projects=>Global enhancements to collaboration projects=>Business add-ins=>Badi check/change fields in cprojects. Check out the documentation there, specifically "Make customer-specific interface changes"

Hope this helps.

Davo