cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Create Request Issue: System column is blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just started at a client, and the first problem I'm faced with is in CUP. They've just completed a technical upgrade on their systems. Their GRC implementation has also has a technical upgrade, but GRC itself hasn't been upgraded.

When a CUP request is being created, on the Application section, if I select systems, and then I select roles from those systems, I can see the roles but the system column is blank. There's no indication of the system that the role is coming from.

However elsewhere in CUP, I can see the system name and the role name properly.

Have any of you experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Santosh

Edited by: Santosh Krishnan on Aug 25, 2010 1:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I understand that this is an old thread.

But we are in kind of similar situation (I beleive based on you message). Wanted to confirm few things with you.

1. You have ECC systems is an ABAP + JAVA system, which was upragded to probably ERP EHP4 and NW EHP1, right?

2. At the same time you had GRC/ AE 5.2 release installaed on Java side and RTA 520_700 on ABAP of ECC system, right?

3. If yes, appreciate if you can provide the SPS levels for ABAP and Java systems. before and after the upgrade.

In our case we had ERP 6.0 SPS11 with RTA 520_700 installed. GRC/AE 5.2 was installed on NW Java 7.0 SPS14.

The systems were upgraded to ERP 6.0 EHP4 SPS7 and NW java 7.0 EHP1 SPS7. However GRC/AE 5.2 and RTA were not changed at all.

Now auto Provisioning is not working and SAP came back saying that it GRC/AE 5.2 is not supported on Java NW EHP1. Based on your message it seems like it is working.

That is why requesting your inputs on ERP and Java release and SPS levels where GRC/AE 5.2 and RTA agents are installed.

Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks and Regards,

Arundeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it fixed. Seems BASIS pressed the Upgrade button but nothing happened, and they never pressed it a second time. When I did press it a second time, it did what it had to do and everything worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh and everyone else,

I've got my sandbox upgraded to Virsa Access Enforcer 5.2 SP 14. However, this problem persists.

Do you have any suggestions on where I might look further?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Followed suggestions, but the problem is still there. Requires further discussion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BASIS did stuff, and didn't tell us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

Please make sure that all the post-installation steps are performed after the technical upgrade. Two of the major tasks are

1) Importing initial data files (this has to be done even when you upgrade from one SP to another SP)

2) If the upgrade was from different release of CUP then you must click on the 'Upgrade buttion' under configuration -> upgrade. If the upgrade button is not grayed out then you have to click on the button before doing anything on CUP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Thanks for the info. A couple of clarifications.

AE 5.2 SP9 was not upgraded in any way. Only the back end ECC system was upgraded. In summary, the portal runs on the back end ECC system, and so does the GRC implementation (That's how I've been told it's been set up, I can investigate further).

What they did was to install patches and other upgrades to their ECC system, and they didn't touch any of the GRC components. They didn't even upgrade the RTA. So as far as I know, nothing on this realm of GRC tools should have been modified, and yet, that system column is now coming up blank.

A few more bits of info: After the ECC system was upgraded, the first thing that was an issue on Access Enforcer was that all our connector data was gone. Going into connectors, all the connectors were there, but they wouldn't work. Going into each connector revealed no data - just blank fields. Those connectors had to be recreated one at a time. However Compliance Calibrator, which is on the same system, was fine, and has had absolutely no issues.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Santosh

Edited by: Santosh Krishnan on Aug 27, 2010 7:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

Sorry to say but this doesn't make any sense. If ECC system was upgraded, why the GRC AC 5.X RTA were not upgrade? Every BASIS version (620/640/700/710) has different version of GRC 5.X RTA. Also, if GRC AC 5.X Java front-end was not touched at all, then the connector info should have stayed there. If you just upgrade ECC, it would not change anything in the GRC side.

I am totally confused here.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Good points you bring up.

First, the GRC components were not upgraded because of a disconnect with our team, in other words, BASIS did their thing, and they didn't discuss the upgrade with us and so they left the GRC components alone. Hence, the RTA was left at 520_700, whereas the BASIS release is now at 7.01.

The connector information should have remained as it was set, but something apparently affected it, but we don't know what. That's what we're trying to determine.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem almost solved: It seems BASIS upgraded the RTAs without telling us, so the RTAs are out of sync with the front end. We will upgrade the front end Java components and hopefully that will resolve this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Santosh

Edited by: Santosh Krishnan on Sep 1, 2010 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

That's good. As I stated eariler, there is no way, CUP will remove this values unless there was an RTA upgrade or the system was out of sync. Make sure to import initial data files once Java front-end is upgraded.

Regards,

Alpesh