Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Dropped connection issue

We are having a issue where users in our ECC6.0 and BW NW2004s systems are having thier connections dropped. These systems are located at a remote location.

I understand this issue has many facets and I am trying to ensure we check all of them to discover the REAL problem.

The errors from sm21 are similar to this:

Date : 08-23-2010															

Time	SAP instance			Type	Nr	Clt	User	TCode		Terminal	Priority	Grp	N	Text

12:59:08	sapsbpa3_SBP_23			DP								Q0	I	Operating system call recv failed (error no. 10053)
	12:59:08	sapsbpa3_SBP_23			DP								Q0	4	Connection to user 5673 (DUCLOSD ), terminal 127 (AL30023305NP) lost

This is only one there are hundreds of these in SM21

Typical log entry for the dispatcher will be included in a subsequent post because the message formatting is destroyed when included here.

1. Network is not intermittent or transient.

a. Not all users are affected on a server just some and they are from various sites around a fairly large region.

b. They can immediately reconnect without issue.

2. Firewalls do not show dropped connections.

3. Patches for the OS were put in place AFTER the issue started.

The systems are running on Windows Server 2008.

The event logs for the servers show the same information as SM21.

Client event logs Windows XP show no errors

4. TAXBSI and related components were recently updated to cyclic o and tub 183

a. Implemented prior to the issue and the issue did not start immediately after the implementation and doesn't occur on other system that were upgraded (DEV, QAS)

The SAPGUI is at the recommended level for the upgraded components and Several of the users who have experienced this connection issue have updated their GUI to the latest and greatest (19) and still are experiencing the issue.

The issue does not occur at any specific time(although many occur when the system polls idle connections at the rdisp/keepalive interval) they do not happen to users at a specific location. Not all users on a particular application server are affected only some of them. The only real connection is that they are idle for some length of time.

I have experienced the disconnection personally but, I cannot replicate the problem.

I have checked my DEV and QAS systems and they do not have this issue, however; they have fewer users and lower utilization. Our production BW at the remote location does have similar usage as DEV and QAS and does have the connection issue

I apologize for the message being smashed together formatting is to blame

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question