cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF - Importing through Data Manager -

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am performing following steps. In the data manager, I am trying to import the PDF file. Then link it to the Main Table.

While importing I am using "Link to Orginal File Only"

PDF file is present in the share folder and the path of share folder does not have spaces. I get the following error message

"There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found".

Actually file is available as well as path is correct and also acees to the sahre folder.

I tried same thing through local drive from my desktop. I encounter the same message.

When, I go and see PDFs table in the repository, I can see a record inserted with the correct path. I am not able top open up the PDF using Object --> View PDF.

I am using MDM 7.1 SP 05.

Please share your experience.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a thought, do you have adobe acrobat reader installed on your system???

if not, please install it and give a try...

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

I have already installed Adobe Standard on the shared drive.

Please help me.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your share drive from which you have imported PDF documents, is that Password protected????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

that share drive is public. no credentials required. I can see the file and path and select the radio button 'Link to Original File Only'.

After I click OK. I get the above error message.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know what version of MDM you are using... Can you give a try by uploading pdf from your local system.. This will make sure that there has nothing to do with the shared drive..

Please revert with the results.

Best Regards,

Shiv

-

Please also check this document, just to make sure you are not missing any step.

[How to Import Pdf Document in MDM|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c01f54a2-99f1-2a10-5aa5-dcc50870e7f6]

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha

For troubleshooting please follow the below steps-

1. CHeck if in the repository properties you have selected Allow Invalid PDFs as Yes.

2. Try uploading a PDF from your local machine against any record and see if the import is succesful and you can view the pdf in Data manager. Hope you have created Data group against which you are adding the PDFs.

3. Instead of storing the links option select save in repository and see if the PDFs are loaded succesfully.

Please revert back with the results.

Thanks-Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends:

Thanks for all your inputs.

I was able to get teh PDF into MDM through option 'Link to Orginal File Only'.

The location of the File is key for this feature to work. We need to store the file in public folder in a shared drive/web server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was successful in storing the PDF into the repository. But not as 'Link to the Orginal File Only' option.

Any help please ....

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow SAP note 1258537

also refer below URL

/people/mandeep.singhsaini/blog/2010/08/19/import-of-pdf-files-using-mdm-gui-clients

Hope it helps

Deep