cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted import PDF by way of linking to the PDF file and NOt importing the PDF into repository.

I have set the Invalid PDF option to Yes in the conole-repository-properties.

Can any one tell where should my PDF be presenet in the MDM Server or in the client where the datat manger is loaded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Can any one tell where should my PDF be presenet in the MDM Server or in the client where the datat manger is loaded.

See, your PDF gets stored into underlying database (ORACLE, SQL-SERVER etc) not in MDM Server.

Other thing you need to load PDF files firstly through Data Manager using Data Group here you can store that file either using option Link to original file only or store in repository and then need to link this PDF files with main table records using PDF files names during Import. For main table records linking with Main table records, you must have a field in main table which is lookup to PDF table. During Import you will match source field containing PDF files name with this look up field to PDF table along with other main table fields.

Please refer this link also:

/people/mandeep.singhsaini/blog/2010/08/19/import-of-pdf-files-using-mdm-gui-clients

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the best case, if you want to store pdf as link in MDM, then your PDF documents should be stored somewhere in the network shared drive.

If you store documents at your local system, then they may not be available if your local system is down.

Best Regards,

Shiv