cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Job Definition - What are these?

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me what the following jobs are? Can't find any SAP documentation on these.

I see them in the BWCCMS, but can't find any information on them. Shouldn't these be documented if they are defined as standard jobs that should be run?

SAP_PROCESS_CUA_IDOCS_INB_000

SAP_REORG_SECURITY_LOG

SISM_COLL_AND_TRANS_DATA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth,

all these jobs belong to SAP internal systems and should only be used by them (component XX-HST-OPR*). There's little information released for them, all for internal use of SAP only.

This is a summary of each one that can be made public:

job SAP_PROCESS_CUA_IDOCS_INB_000:

The job SAP_PROCESS_CUA_IDOCS_INB_000 executes the program RBDAPP01 (Inbound processing for Idocs ready for transfer) with an internal variant to perform the (Inbound Processing of CUA IDOC). This is a part of CUA (Central User Administration) configuration, but for Hosting Users/Systems only. The job is required to run in short periods to get the data from CUA server and must be run only in a specific SAP standard client and not in any customer client.

job SAP_REORG_SECURITY_LOG:

This job is a new job that hosting is deploying as part of security logging in a specific SAP standard client. It performs security/systems settings scans in SAP Hostings Systems for optimization and security purposes.

job SISM_COLL_AND_TRANS_DATA:

This job collects specific data for transaction SISM (SAP inhouse system manager), used to manage SAP Hosting systems.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information! Any idea where there might be documentation on this so I can get a little more context on the jobs? Like is it required to run, how often, etc. I'm sure SAP must have this documentation locked away somewhere?

I'm especially curious about SAP_PROCESS_CUA_IDOCS_INB_000 and if it should be scheduled and what if it is not?

Thanks again,

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth,

well, I found this information in some internal messages in our knowledge base. I did not find anything in SDN Wikis / help.sap.com / other SAP-related independent sites.

I suggest you to create a support message under XX-HST-OPR component, only them can provide more information as far as I know.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I opened up a message as you suggested. You would think who ever created/defined these jobs would think it a good idea to document... Thanks again

Answers (0)