cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 5.0 -> CRM 7.0 Migration with Systemcopy

0 Kudos

Hello Together,

We want to migrate from CRM 5.0 (Windows 2003R2) to CRM 7.0 (Windows 2008R2). The actual System ID of the Development System is D02. The migration should be done parallel to a System called D04. My questions are following:

1. Is it possible to migrate with the sapinst disc of CRM 7.0 by a heterogeneous system copy?

OR:

2. Is it necessary, to create an additional system D04 based on CRM 5.0 and Upgrade the system with the upgrade CD?

The second approach is more time consuming as the first one - in my opinion.

We need an additional system to check the functionality of CRM 7.0 with our customizing settings.

3. If I have a plain target system. Is it possible to import the system copy without installing the database and a SAP system? Can this be done in one step during the system copy import?

Thanks a lot,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, it is not possible to do a system copy when the source and target system release is different. Basically, you need do the upgrade firstly and then system copy, or system copy to another host, but still on crm 5.0, then do a system upgrade.

In one word, system copy/migration should be peformed without changing the SAP basis release.