cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central NWDI is possible ?

0 Kudos

Hi Gurues ! I have several SAP Java instance with different versions ( NW 70, NW 640, NW CE 71). My question is Can I to use a unique NDWI for all SAP Java instance or I must have an NWDI for each enviroment ? Thanks in advance !!

Regards

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

NWDI is of course only a framework, using any version of it you can do development for any releases.

Caveat factor: there's no NWDI available on 7.10, only as of EHP1 again (i.e. 711), but this of course does not mean you cannot develop for 710.

Technically, you can even use a 640 NWDI to develop 710 tack.

The NWDI is the framework for development, and the version to be developed is specified by the build plugins inside the correspondin track and the version of the RTS where you deploy to, see the below guides.

I believe you'll welcome the following guides:

JDI Software vs. JDI Content -- /people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content

How To... Setup an NWDI Track for Composition Environment Developments -- https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be341781...

Best Regards,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

it is possible. you just create different track with corresponding dependency.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

as long as we are talking about the NWDI servers (DTR,CBS,CMS,SLD) the answer is a clear yes, and it is quite common to have tracks for various releases/Ehps/SPs in one and the same landscape. NWDS is different: If you are using tools like WebDybpro, release of NWDS should match that of the runtime system. For pure Java stuff (and with limitations for JEE) same NWDS instance can be used.

Regards

Michael