cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to block stock for same batch in different plants using QA11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We have business scenario where we ship batch in restricted status from one plant to other plant. When the GR is done against process order, the stock goes to unrestricted use and batch has restricted status. At the time of shipping batch to other plant, 04 inspection lot is still open.

Now when I reject 04 inspection lot in source plant, I want to block stock in destination plant where I shipped the batch and GR was done.

Thanks

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you are not managing batches at the plant level, (i.e. you are at material or client level), then simply by changing the batch status to restricted, you will block the batch in the other plant. You can configure a UD code with the proper stock posting if you are at, I believe 4.7 or higher. In the UD setup for the code, select either

VMENGE01 0 To unrestricted use stock; Blocked batch status

or

VMENGE04 0 To blocked stock; Blocked batch status

depending on what you want to do with the stock in the plant with the inspection lot.

If you are managing batches at the plant level, you can still set the UD code as above, but you'll have to include a follow-up action to change the status of the batch in any other plants.

FF