cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend SERIAL_HISTORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I need to save some old Serial No Informations coming from various old systems to the SAP Serial_History.

The final goal is to see the History Informations to one Serial Number on a single place. (FM SERIAL_HISTORY / IQ03)

I will not have any related Documents in SAP like Order Numbers/Delivery Notes etc. where Serial No can be assigned to.

My Idea is to create a Z Table holding these informations and ENHANCE the SERIAL_HISTORY to query the Z Table as well.

Is this a good Idea? Has anybody did that before? Is there example code available to enhance the History FM ?

Any help / suggestions are appreciated. (Even if you tell me my idea is stupid.)

Thanks

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dennis

Without document data, what is left is Installation and removal data and/or action log which is a log of changes to fields.

If this serves the purpose of providing maintenance history (directly or indirectly) like what repairs took place, warranty Agreement #and start/end dates, Status changes and batch information etc to you and that is what you want then go ahead.

But why do you need a custom (Z) table, can't the FM load it in the Serial Number History tab itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@RAJEEV: I don´t think PM is the solution for that, and I know how the Serial history maintained by SAP works.

@Chandrasekhar :

I do have document data, but not all in the system or even digital. Some documents are currently only "physically" available.

If I have document data in the system, it is not a 1 to 1 relationship to a serialnumber. <-- System view.

For Example I have 2 Repair (SD) orders for one Serialnumber, but the Material No. in the 2 orders is different. Therofore the FM to Add a serial to the order will not let me do the assignment.

Is there a FM where I can write directly to the history (SERXX tables)?

The Intention of the custom table was to hold the different historical data and by program an enhancement in the SERIAL_HISTORY FM it queries that Table to get the Information needed. I did a bit investigating on that step and it seems that this will not going to be an easy part,...

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis

I would suggest the following:

1) The documents you have only ' physically', scan (digitize) them and attach them in the document tab of Material Serial Number master data (IQ02). That will be the history for them.

2) Where you have data in the system and from your example, if one of the Repair Orders has correct data, then it should already be in the Serial Number history.

3) If data is incorrect, check if it is possible to correct the Serial Number for the item (material) in the document. I doubt if you can. Also may be the Material- Serial Number relationship can be changed manually in transaction IQ02 using Edit -> Special Serial Number Functions. But I don't have much hope on these problem documents.

I am not aware of any FM and I don't see use for a custom table to store History for wrong data!!!

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.