cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re:- XMII is there a way todynamically create local or transaction variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there a way to create local or transaction variable dynamically inside the BLS transactions.

I have a scenario where in i am reading the XMl document and based on the number of node (sub node ) items i need to temporary save those values into transaction variable . I want to use these saved transaction variable tvalues o later insert into database

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed as un resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot dynamically create a local property. If you need to store values, maybe one of the following ideas may help you:

- create a XML property. You can append nodes with values as you need it

- create an Illum doc. You can add new rows later on

- if you want to store XML contents, you can use the queue actions. Create a queue and push XMLs on it. You can easily read those values afterwards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am already having my data in the XML .

Now i want to read the nodes ( number of nodes may be varying ) and store values temporarily . This values needs to be pushed into Database table records.

Since i do not know how many nodes the incoming XML would have , i can not pre create total number of local or transaction variable to store the values .

What other best options are available

Suggestion please

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a dynamic Document in the transaction that is based on your nodes you can create dynamically the columns and rows into a Illum document.

you can refer this thread where in one of the posts I have suggested steps to create dynamic document.

[Thread1|]

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

After reading your second post, I wonder why you want to temporarily store the separate values from the XML node in a local property.

If you already have all values available in a XML, than it would be easier to process the XML directly in MII, as that is what MII does best. MII can directly access the node values and use it as input for your databse inserts. Using a repeater action, you can process 0 to n nodes. Use XPath to transfer the node values to the query parameters.

Is this the option you are looking for, or do I miss something?

Michael