cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need Report to show change in prices after Importing data (SRM_MDM catalog)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand SRM_MDM catalog has reporting limitations....BUT...

My requirement is : I have supplier prices that need to updated in MDM, after I import the data, is there a report that can show me the data elements (Prices) that were changed, show me the date and individual that changed them. This is for audit purposes.

I am investigating using a workflow for price deviation, that can be sen to an individual to approve , but can this info be turned into a report that can be run periodically..

I know the Admin section in the Console, it has a Report - but this is a LOG in XML format, can this be transformed into a report?

cheers

alex

PS: I have BI but not Business objects. Am on MDM 2 SRM 5

Edited by: Alex Waiyaki on Aug 25, 2010 3:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I think , You are missing MDM Change Tracker application functionality.

You can configure MDM Change Tracker application and can tracker changes in fields as per your requirement.

Please find link below for MDM Change Tracker guide. This will explain you how to configure and use MDM Change tracker application to track field changes...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/49/a42bc834de1b93e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Hope this solves your question. Please revert if any further query.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv

Is this Tracker also available in MDM 5.5 or is it just in MMD 7.1?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Change Tracking is possible for Both MDM versions 5.5 and 7.1

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

From What I have read the change tracker looks like a good solution but it is only for "displaying and viewing changes " I want to make sure i can get a report of these changes...since its possible to do via a protal for an end user I want to see if it can be down loaded it, so the auditors can get what they need.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this also help me to validate that the records i updatedd were updated correctly.. eg if i update 10 or 700 records?

cheers

alex

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change tracker application is based on A2i_CM_History table of the database. i.e. it reads data from this table. this application is for MDM Administrators and not for end users.

So, if you want to download change history, and In case change tracker application is not fulfilling your requirement, then you can write a small custom application to read this table and download history of changes.

As far as I remember, this application was available with MDM 5.5 SP06 Version too...

Hope this will help.

Best Regards,

Shiv

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

I feel, this note will also interest you..

SAP Note 1343132 - Archiving MDM change tracking A2I_CM_HISTORY best practices

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

I was able to get my Change tracker to work and it is functioning....We have configured Portal iViews for change tracker.

If I change a description I can see it in the change tracker application. But if I try and track a Price change it only shows me a date-time and user as to I when the price was changed it doesnu2019t show me the actual value changed, for my audit purposes.

On the portal the change tracker "Field" dropdown shows -> Price Updated. this is what is tracking any change of price.

In MDM Console-> Admin->Change Tracker I am tracking under Catalog Items: Price information, Price Updated, Special search terms, long description.

When I look at the Data manager in the Record Detail, I see u2018Price Updatedu2019 and it only has a Date and time stamp. In this same Record Detail, I see the field Price Information that contains :Lower bound, Purchasing Info record ID, Purchasing Organization, Amount and Currency. Amount-> contains the actual price value. This is what i want to see in the portal iView as Old value and New value....this is what I am unable to view? theres one small step i am not doing...

I am trying to track the actual change in the filed u2018Amountu2019u2026 I have tried to search for it in the Portal iView fields (table, record contains, fields, record)

cheers

alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Rightly suggested by Shiv, you can make use of change Tracking application for the same.

If you just want to know only the latest Price Change TIME and User, you can also use TIMESTAMP and USERSTAMP fields.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini