cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of inactive items using named search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working in SAP MDM and facing following issues.

In catalog displayed in shopping carts, when i need to remove inactive items (items with inactive value in item status field) from that catalog i simply remove the mask for those items.

However for the catalog displayed in purchase orders those items still displayed because i'm using named searches.

Does anyone know how i can remove inactive items from this catalog using named searches?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly create a Naemd Search in MDM data Manager, assign all Active records to this Named Search. Now as this Named search only contains Active records. Give the same Named Search Parameter "Name" (Case-Sensitive) as you given in Data Manager while defining Web-service in SRM system.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt answer.

How can i create a NAMED SEARCH in MDM Data Manager and assign all active records to this NAMED SEARCH?

For this kind of catalogs, i already have the parameter "named search" with a value in SRM Web-service.

Is this a problem?

Regards.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To create a named search in MDM follow below mentioned steps:

1. login to data manager and open Named searches table.

2. add a new record in this table and specify name for the named search.

3. Once you save the named search, go back to Catalog Items table. Now from the Search Parameters pane or Free form search specify filter criteria as Status = Active.

4. You can see result in the status bar of the data manager. It will display some thing like "XX records out of YY records displayed". This means filter criteria is set successfully.

5. Now go to "Search" menu in the menu bar and click on "Save as Named Search". This will display all named searches in the side pane.. Select your named search which you just created. this will save your filter criteria (status= active) in your named search.

6. now you are good to define this name search in SRM Web service.

Revert if any further questions.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating Named Searches in Data Manager is rightly suggested by Shiv.

In addition to this as you asked for, For this kind of catalogs, i already have the parameter "named search" with a value in SRM Web-service.

As per my understanding, See for a webservice you can define only one Named Search value.

Please Check Name of Named Search if it is already defined in your Web service, check whether the same Named Search in Data Manager exists or not and if exists then check what is the search criteria it contains. If its already contain Active records only then it should work else after creating the Named search as suggested above, replace this new Named search Name with that Previous existing Named Search Parameter value.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I made all the steps and it works fine for the new "named searches".

However, i have old "named searches" and i need to update them with this status. When i go to the search menu and click on "Save as Named Search", all the named searches are in "gray mode" and i can't save. It looks like the system doesn't recognize the new change. Can you help?

Thanks for your help

Edited by: Projecto SRM SAP on Aug 25, 2010 8:03 PM

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try below solution.

1. open data manager and From the search menu select Restore Named Search--><your old search>.

2. Now it will display restricted records in data manager based on your old search criteria.

3. Now define Item Status = Active.

4. Go to Search>Save as Named search> and select <your Old Search Name>. This will save your new filter criteria (item status = active) in addition to your old filter criteria.

Please revert if any problem.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can not overwriting existing Named seraches unless we resotre them first.

To restore search selections from a named search:

1. Choose Search > Restore Named Search from the main menu.

2. Select the named search from which you want to restore search selections from the cascading menu of named searches.

3. MDM clears the current search selections and restores the search selections of the named search.

Now for the items displayed you can change the status to Active and resave the same Named search.

Hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is now resolved. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

While defining External web service in SRM system for MDM catalog, you can define parameter "named search",just like you defined for "Mask", and specify the name of named search which includes only Active items, .

This will restrict Inactive items being displayed on Catalog.

This will resolve your problem.

Best Regards,

Shiv