cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver and SAP Basis Courses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are thre competence centers in the SAP UAP that conduct traininga and workshops on the following topics?

SAP NetWeaver Introduction Course

SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal

SAP NetWeaver Enterprise SOA and Business Processes

SAP Basis

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

We have a number of Netweaver related subjects on offer. However we have a very exciting initiative planned for next year. I don't know if you aware of the SAP Mentors. These people are gurus in their own areas and are the top contributors to SAP Community Network. There are only 99 of these gurus at the moment.

We are planning a subject based on NetWeaver Administration to be developed and delivered by a SAP Mentor. This is exciting and certainly a great opportunity for our students.

Once the content has been finalised I will share it with the forum.

Good Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We have developed material and labs that covers SAP BPM- "Developing Process Driven Composite Applications"- using CE7.2.

I teach this material as part of the "Enterprise Business Solutions" course to undergraduate Information Systems students.

At the end of this course, the students will be able to:

- Explain the fundamental concepts of an enterprise system (e.g. SAP ECC) and how it supports a business

- Conduct a detailed walkthrough of some business processes in an enterprise system (e.g. Fulfilment)

- Configure an enterprise system (e.g. SAP ECC) for a company and execute a business process

- Analyze the relationship between some of the modules of an enterprise system in the context of a business process (e.g. influence of Procurement process on the Materials Management (MM) module in SAP ECC)

- Design and implement an enterprise SOA solution by using an appropriate enterprise system (e.g. SAP ECC) - and enterprise SOA tools (e.g. SAP Netweaver).

I have a blog at: /people/venky.shankararaman2/blog/2010/08/23/sap-bpm-tutorial-using-ce-72

This blog has links to a set of tutorials which are used as labs in the course for the BPM and Enterprise SOA areas of the course.

If you are interested, please let me know. I can share the course design documents and other materials. We can also do a Train-the Trainer session.

Regards

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sonja & Venky.

Good to hear from you again. I was in your sessions from the last SAP Academic Conference in Singapore last July 2010. Say my hello to Lum Eng Kit.

I just sent an email to Alicia Woo to check for schedules. I will also check the blogs you've mentioned.

Rgds,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure specifically what your background, situations, and interests are. I can pass along that the university where I teach East Tennessee State University has the elements you have mentioned as core components in courses in our graduate Information Technology program. We also cover many of those elements in courses for undergraduates. These are, of course, college courses for credit.

The first link on this page will provide you with further information:

http://einstein.etsu.edu/~pittares/SAP/index.php

If I can answer questions or provide other assistance, please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sonja and Tony.

We will be adding these courses in the university and we are looking for UCC/ACC in the SAP UAP circle that can provide the workshops to our faculty.

Rgds,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are in the United States, I believe both the Chico UCC and the Milwaukee UCC have the same functional systems available and both can support the items you've outlined.

Once again for the US, training sessions on the topics you've outlined are typically held each summer. The NetWeaver-specific topics are usually held in Milwaukee. Other topics may be at one of the other training locations (which are typically Chico, CA, and Montreal).

These courses typically entail going through selected elements of the curriculum which is available in the Reserve Area of this site, along with some train-the-trainer type discussions.

The last few summers I've attended the NetWeaver related topics and the others you've mentioned here. As I can answer further questions, I'm glad to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tony.

Our university partner is located in the Philippines and UCC/ACC within APJ is probably be the first option.

But if we could not find one within APJ, we may have to look into the UCCs you've mentioned.

Rgds,

Chris

Edited by: Chris Montiel on Aug 25, 2010 5:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

workshops for lecturers are usually offered by SAP University Alliances.

If you are looking for trainings that are currently not offered in your region,

I would advice you to contact the SAP UA team in your region. They can tell you if there are any trainings planned.

A contact list for the APJ region is available by following link:

http://www.sap.com/asia/services/education/uap/contacts.epx

Regards

Sonja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

there are various train-the-trainer workshops offered for lecturers in the UA program (e.g. Netweaver Portal, Netweaver Introduction or ABAP programming).

Current workshops are published on the UAC in "Getting Started" -> "UA Events".

The corresponding curriculum material is available in the collaboration workspace in the "Computer Science and IT" section.

Regards

Sonja

Edited by: Sonja Hecht on Aug 25, 2010 3:50 PM

Edited by: Sonja Hecht on Aug 25, 2010 3:51 PM