cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting and stopping communication channels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a java service or call I can use from a java program to start and stop communication channels - by id would be good.

Thank you,

Parimala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

from SP17 you can do it much easier:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/06/04/starting-stopping-of-communication-channel-from-rwb

there are not other APIs to start/stop them

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

We are on SP16 and what I'd like to do is stop several channels (Sender), when one or more R/3 (receiver) is down. We get bombarded by xml documents in XI and each error message, triggers a pager and they don't want that.

They already get message from CCMS when R/3 or java component is down. So I was hoping I could turn off channels (via program) when I find out R/3 is down.

We expect over 1000 records every couple of minutes or so.

Any ideas how I can stop them before they get to IS. I would like to stop these messages in AE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also when occasional cache refresh is needed in XI production, there will be a need to stop channels but SP17 solution should work here - via manual procedure. I still have the other problem I explained in my earlier reply.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>>We get bombarded by xml documents in XI and each error message, triggers a pager and they don't want that.

it's not an issue of adapters but your

error message (alerts) configuration

do you want to receive error messages via pager or not?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client does not use XI Alert configuration. They use Opti SW which triggers Alerts from CCMS. I have played around with customizing methods (auto reaction method) from CCMS. So I think I can stop futher error messages from occuring when the 1st message results with R/3 system not available.

I was hoping to stop the messages before it gets to IS....doesn't make sense to map, call RFC, etc when R/3 is down.

Also, not sure how often CCMS auto-reaction is refreshed?