cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination at time of order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When i am creating process order at the time system not allowing me to execute batch determaination after release only it is allowing me to do.

My requirement is At the time of order creation i want assign batches ( Execute Batch Detrmination)for the material.

how to do this one, kindly hel me

Regards,

s.sakthivel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved with the following settings

1) Create & Assign Production Scheduling profile to the plant in T-code -CORY----Batch management tab should be 1-Automatic batch creation at order creation

2) Assign the above created Production scheduling profile to the Materail master work scheduling view

Thanks,

Rajaniaknth

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Won't that just create the batch of the material being made? I think he wants to have the raw materials for the order selected by batch determination.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig- you are correct. That setting is about how to create a batch for the Material produced , does not have any impact on the batch determination for the raw materials consumed.

I dont think there is a way to do the batch determination before releasing the order. The other option isto go for the automatic release of the order at creation - this option will carry out the batch determination automatically once an oder is created and order will be released. check with PP consultant on this.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure you can't assign any materials to a unreleased order. By definition, an unreleased order is not ready to be processed. Maybe you can set up the orders to be automatically released at time of creation or something like that. Maybe via a user exit or enhancement point? Check with a PP-PI person.

But I don't think you'll be assign any batches until the order is released. The reason is, is that I believe this is determined by the system statuses assigned to the order. You can't modify or change the behavior of the SAP provided system statuses.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

What natch entry you have used in MRP2? 3?

Check option 2