cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File to File scenario in which i need to drop 2 files of differient structures at the target end.. can i use the dynamic file name configuration or should i use the variable substitution for droping those files..

How many communication channels are required for this scenario..

Thanks,

sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just use the multimapping (1:n scenario without mapping) and use 2 CCs to create 2 different file names.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
can i use the dynamic file name configuration or should i use the variable substitution for droping those files..

For dropping file? Do you really need to have dynamic filenames? For different variable substitution, use 2 channels.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
can i use the dynamic file name configuration or should i use the variable substitution for droping those files..

Dynamic configuration and variable substitution are not used when you have to drop more than one files into target directory.

What is the naming convention that you have to maintain for the two files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

For the first File the naming convention was clientname+Content of the Field.txt

if content of the field is purchase ordernumber then

filename of the first file should looklike: CLIENTNAMEPURCHASEORDERNUMBER.TXT

for the second file also in similar CLIENTNAME+PURCHASEORDERNUMBER.CSV

The structure of the two files are differient the first file contains 3 fields and the second file contains 9 fields and their extensions are differient.

Please suggest how to go ahead..

Thanks,

--sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use multimapping for creating 2 files.

if u r using some fied for the PO number in rcvr message , then u can use variable substitution, it wil be easy

if you are creating multiple target files for each target Structure, i will suggets u to create a separate recordSet in both the target structure and store the corresponding file names there.

Then in content conversion , just exclude the struture.