cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Message into Three Excel Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam working on SAP -> XI -> File Scenario.

Here iam getting the source data from SAP through an IDOC and I need to map that to the Target; where in i need to create three different files by splitting the Same Message. Some part of the Source message should go into the First file, some part to the Second file and so on for the third file.

can any one throw some light on acheiving this requirement.

Regards,

Kittu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

You can do this using multi-mapping and BPM. Please have a look at this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/content.htm

If you need to put the file in particlar cell in the excel then you will have to use Java mapping.

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

Since you will be splitting the file, but the target system is the same, I dont think you need to use a bpm(that's generally the first question tat pops up when we decide to "split files":))...and i.e if you are using anything above SP14..

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

You will have to do content conversion/java mapping at rcvr file adapter side..to convert the xml into excel worksheets..here are some blogs to achieve that..

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

/people/harry.dietz/blog/2005/11/11/yet-another-from-database-or-internal-table-to-excel

If you need to know anything specific to be designed in the IR/ID..do get bac!

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

Thanks a lot for the reply..

My concern here is regarding the Splitting of the Single Source message which iam getting from the IDOC into three Separate excel files on the target Side, Iam thinking whether this can be acheived using a single mapping or do we need to use three different mappings and specify them in the Interface mapping to get those three files created on the target side.

Let me know if u have any idea on the design part.

Regards,

Kittu.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this my Multi-Mapping and having a variable substitution in the communication channel.

When you do a Multi-mapping you will get there messages and giving a variable file name this can be saved in three different files.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Check this Blog given by Sushumna and this will work for sure.

This can be achieved by single mapping. Check out the blog its very clear and you can check out anything regarding multi-mapping and that would be helpful for you.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for the reply..

Here my source is IDOC and if iam doing multi-mapping, Message Nodes will be added to the Source and the Target Messages. In that Case will My Source IDOC gets generated with the Data?

And the other thing is that can u give me an Idea or some blogs to refer about the Variable Substitution in CC...

Thanks,

Kittu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

For variable substittion check this weblog

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitution-in-xi

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

Yes it will.

FOr Variable substitution:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

The dynamic filename generation concept is as follows.

In your filename field. just give a variable with % symbols. (eg: %file% ).

Now, under the option Variable Name Substitution, you can give how the value has to be created.

It can be your interface name, sender service name, etc or it can be some value dynamically from your payload.

For the former, your give

and for the payload part you give,

Payload: "your element root which u wanna acecss"

Just check this link out,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

And read the contents under variable substitution and it will help you understand the concepts better.

If you have any clarifications, do get back,

Regards,

Bhavesh