cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Newgen DMS is threat to SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am having a doubt that is Newgen DMS is threat to the SAP DMS. Kindly clarify me on this.

Regards

kannan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

IMHO, every client's requirement is unique and every solution is unique. Several factors are considered before arriving at a solution like Enterprises' roadmap, current landscape,IT investment budget et-al.

Omnidocs from Newgen and SAP DMS have their own capablities and limitations. However, the basic features for Document Mgmt are common to both the solutions. If,suppose, a customer is already on a SAP ERP landscape, logically, it makes more sense in going for SAP DMS as it provides seamless integration with other R/3 components. On the flipside, lets say the customer decides to go ahead with Omnidocs, then the overheads would include integration costs(2 different landscapes), separate maintainence costs etc. If there are budgetary constraints, then a customer would opt to go for an opensource solution rather than SAP DMS/Newgen. Hence, in summary, its still a free market, with ample opportunities for all competitive products and it is these key products differentiators that ultimately decide as to which solution needs to be adopted.

P.S. Remember 'Survival of the Fittest' theory. Its a competitive world and products that keeps reinventing and innovating will ultimately survive.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

No need to worry about SAP DMS. Because I have heard about Newgen DMS. The SAP DMS is mapping the customer requirements very logically and the securtiy is highly confidential than any other softwares as of now.

So keep using SAP DMS and enjoy it's feathure. It's not a threat to SAP DMS.

Regards,

Ravindra