cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR: Miscellaneous config settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen somebody else posting a similar message before however I am still not 100% clear. I would like to understand if the following configuration settings in RAR are required. If yes, where exactly should the folder be placed (e.g. the GRC server, any folder somewhere). The configuration guide does not explain this well.

• Background Job Spool File Location

• SAP Application Server Location

• FTP Site Location

I would also like to get a better understanding of where the attachments folder location for a CUP request should be placed on the server.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

• Background Job Spool File Location

-> This is required to store the output spools from the ad-hoc risk anlaysis jobs. These jobs are run for risk anlaysis from Informer tab in Background mode. By default it has a location,however, if you want to store the spools in any specific location other than default then you specify the path here. Generally it is the path of a folder on GRC server itself.

• SAP Application Server Location

-> this is the location of the SAP application server. IP address of the SAP app server is defined in this.

• FTP Site Location

-> This folder is required if you wish to run certain security reports of RAR in background mode. These security reports will utilize the FTP protocol where you define a folder on GRC server which is accessible via FTP. This is the temporary location for storage of these reports.

As for CUP attachment folder, we have kept it on the GRC server itself.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mo,

You are not required to maintain any of the three parameters you have mentioned. It is almost required to maintain a folder for Background Job Spool File Location, if you GRC server has more than one nodes. This way RAR would always know where to store the spool files. Othewise, RAR will store it in a default location.

For attachments, you can have a folder on the GRC server or any other file server. We share all our spool files and attachments to a separate file server.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

================================

* SAP Application Server Location

-> this is the location of the SAP application server. IP address of the SAP app server is defined in this.

* FTP Site Location

-> This folder is required if you wish to run certain security reports of RAR in background mode. These security reports will utilize the FTP protocol where you define a folder on GRC server which is accessible via FTP. This is the temporary location for storage of these reports.

===============================

I am confused... according to the config guide it is the other way around...

SAP App Server Location:

The report directory on the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application servers. This is the temporary storage location for security reports generated by background jobs. Virtual directories delivered in the ERP system, such as DIR_HOME and DIR_TMP, are supported. These directories are viewed with SAP ERP transaction, AL11. The same directory name is used for all SAP back-end systems.

FTP:

The receiving location on the Access Control server for FTP of spool files from the back-end server, as well as the user name, and password used for FTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My sincere apologies. Yes, you are right!! its the other way around.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

so the App Server Location is a folder on the backend and not on the GRC Box?

I'm getting confused by the description of the config guide...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, this is the writable directory in the SAP server.

Regards, Varun