cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment in Approval mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a requirement to provide the attachment in the approval email sent to approver. This attachment should be the document that has been attached in the SC.

Is it possible? If yes then how.

Help is appriciated.

Thanks,

Bhakti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For offline approval,

refer the standard program : RSWUWFML (for enabled attachement)

and program RSWUWFMLEC,

These programs have code for attaching the document and sending the mail to receipient(approver in this case)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti

You can achieve this by enabling attachments in E Mail Attachments section of program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND in SRM 7.0 or RSWUWFMLEC in earlier versions.

This selection can be made on the selection screen of this program and save it in the variant you are using for generating offline approval email notifications. It is possible to send Print versions of documnets and/or attachments in SC.

Regards

Virender Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti

You can achieve this by enabling attachments in E Mail Attachments section of program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND in SRM 7.0 or RSWUWFMLEC in earlier versions.

This selection can be made on the selection screen of this program and save it in the variant you are using for generating offline approval email notifications. It is possible to send Print versions of documnets and/or attachments in SC.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks alot for this help. I really appriciate it.

@ Virendra,

Special thanks to you. Now, I can create the variant & trigger the job to send the attachment along with the mail. If any other help is required in the context, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Bhakti

Anytime...

Regards

Virender Singh

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Virender singh

yes.

You can use report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND to define settings for the e-mails that the system sends for offline approval. These settings can be specified for certain tasks, business objects, or work items. You can, for example, set the message frequency to be one e-mail per work item.

You can also do the following:

Define whether e-mails are sent in HTML or plain text

Choose whether approval pushbuttons should be displayed in the e-mail

Note

If you choose Not Available in the report, the recipient cannot approve or reject the document offline but must use a link to log on to the SAP SRM system to process the work item there.

End of the note.

Choose whether the e-mails contain a short text (work item text) or a full text (task description of the workflow task)

Choose the e-mail language

Select whether a print version of the document and other document attachments is to be attached to the e-mailDefine a standard notification text

Define that only work items created after a certain time or created by a certain user are to be considered

Note

This function is only available if you start the report manually. If a periodic run has taken place before you start the report manually, it is possible that e-mails are sent again that had already been sent during the periodic run.

End of the note.

Enter the return address of the e-mails. The return address must be identical to the recipient address in SAPconnect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhakti,

I think the Approver cannot see the SC attachment in the mail

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that the attachment does not flow in the mail.But, if required can we customise it?

Thanks,

Bhakti

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per standard Approver can see attachment if the approver loged into the SRM system .

and display the cart go todocuemnt tab and he can open the docuemnt and check the content of attachment

are you telling offline approver could not see attachemnt in his /her mail box.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes, I am asking for the attachment view with regards to offline approval.

Regards,

Bhakti

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Might be possible but enhancement might be required. In standard it may not possible.

look related offline badi parameters helps you

Muthu