cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to close backend connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently running certain Visual Composer applications in our portal 7.0. It has been observed that even after navigating away from the VC application or logging of the portal, the connection to the ABAP system does not end rather it stays in the idle mode. We are using certain RFC's for data processing in our VC model.

We have changed the connection lifetime property to 60 seconds in Visual Administrator --> Server --> Services --> Connection Container but the connection continues to remain idle, we checked for the same in SM04.

Please let us know if we are missing on some required parameter changes apart from Connection Lifetime property.

Best Regards

Gaurang Dayal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GDMathur.

I thought this would be the way to do it (we found this a few days prior to my previous post).

However, it still does not seem to work correctly.

By this I mean, when a user receives an error (connection error).. the backend session seems to be stuck in the ABAP system, for hours on end.

So, maybe this is an ABAP parameter that needs to be set?

For our purposes, we set the JCO connection timeout to 20 minutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Roelved!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How was it resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to change the connection timeout property.

Log in to Visual Admin --> Server --> Services --> Connection Container --> Runtime --> sap.com/com.sapportals.connectors.sap -->SAPFactory

Open tab Managed Connection Factory --> Connection Definition --> Connection Lifetime

Change the default value of 3600 seconds here and save the changes.

Best Regards

Gaurang Dayal