cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Enhance : Create Travel Request View in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to enhance the Create Travel Request View in ESS provided by SAP.

I want to add some field in the view whic will be input by End User and get saved in Some table.

These are the details of the applications :

General Information About the Application and Component

Application: FITE_REQUEST

Web Dynpro Component: FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA

Window Information: VC_WINDOW

View Information: GENERAL_DATA_VIEW

Configuration ID: FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA_REQUEST

I know I can do this via enhancement. But my concern is where do I write the code to save this field in table along with the exixting fields . Is there any exit for this?

And one more thing which looks strange to me is this when I am opening the configuration "FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA_REQUEST" I cannot see any of the view elements have set invisible via configuration but there are elements which are not visible in the ESS application but present in the view "GENERAL_DATA_VIEW ".

Kindly suggest me.

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris for your reply.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

first I would like to congratulate you for providing so much useful information in your post - it really made it easy to understand your issue.

I you look in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW of the view you mention there is a LOT of code which is dynamically adjusting the visibility of the UI elements.

One could argue that it would be better coding practice if this had been done by binding attributes to the visibility of the UI element. Certain Thomas Jung and I have posted such a suggestion when code for modifying visibility dynamically has been suggested in the forum in the past...

That said - you have to live with what you've got - and in this case you've got a lot of dynamic code. It seems that it mainly reads from the assistance class which has some(lots of) publicly readable table attributes.

I think if you look at this assistance class there are various methods there - e.g. "Save_expense_report" that might be called to save data. You could enhance these methods.

Good luck,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Thanks for yor valuable comments.

I have added one field in structure GENERAL_DATA of CHAR4 Type I also appended the Structure for the same "PTRV_WEB_GENERAL_DATA_INT". When I am clicking on the "SAVE DRAFT" button the value in GS_GENERAL_DATA for my custom include field is gettig truncated to char1 i.e. only first character is coming up in the strucure and this is happening the "SAVE_EXPENSE_REPORT" method of the class "CL_FITE_ASSISTANCE".

Can you please guide me which is the first thing is getting called when I am clicking on the "save draft" button also guide me hopw I can find that.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help on this guys. I have de bugged the whole component but did not find from where the UI elements are getting invisible.