cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#CONTEXT error and #INCOMPATIBLE error

Former Member

Hi,

I am getting #CONTEXT error and #INCOMPATIBLE error in webi report values when refresh the report.

Any suggestion?

Thanks & Regards,

M.A.Jilani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this happens in cause of putting incompatible dimensions and measures from different contexts.

try to check your universe or your query.

and when you create the query try to select compatible dimensions and measures which all come under the same context

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks bro...i will see to it.

Former Member

In addition to the above, this also happens when you try to bring in dimensions from different data providers and try to display them in one table.

In such a case, you will have to create DETAIL variables for Dimensions coming in from one of the data providers

mostovic
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This answer doesn't answer the question, it simply restates the error message. What does it mean to have "incompatible dimensions and measures"? What does it mean to have these in different "contexts"?

It's obvious the error is "#CONTEXT" - that's the error I get! But what does this mean and how do I resolve it? For example, how do I put dimensions, measures, variables all from a single query into the same "context"? What other "context" is there when I'm using a single query?

My WebBI report uses a single query. I have created multiple variables. I've tested by selecting the "Detail" qualification in the creation of the variables. Yet when I use one of the variables in a table with a single cell to display the variable value, I get "#CONTEXT" with no further explanation for the problem.