cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login/min_password_digits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have one application server and one database server for our ECC6. When I tried to change the password for a user in the application server, the system is saying that 'Password should contain 22 digits'. However, this is not happening when I do the password changing in my database server. I checked the value for login/min_password_digits and I notice the following:

In Central Instance,

via RZ10, login/min_password_digits for both application and database profile = 2

via RZ11, login/min_password_digits = 2

In Application Server

via RZ10, login/min_password_digits for both application and database profile = 2

via RZ11, login/min_password_digits = 22

How to I change the value of login/min_password_digits to 2 (instead of 22) in the application server?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , You have the answer in your question... ))) ... change the value using the transactions specified and i think you have to restart the system ... Thanks !! A A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RZ11 is only display. I dont see any updates in this transaction code. Need help pls.

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RZ11 display the current value and this parameter is not dynamic so please restart you application server so changes in the profile can take effect.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Just a confirmation. I do not need to change anything. I just need to restart the application server. Did I get it right?

Thanks in advance

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the parameter is set to 2 (asuming the parameter does not exist in DEFAULT.PFL with a different value) and you haven't restarted the instance, then yes, that should do.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. the parameter is not defined in DEFAULT.PFL. Will try to restart the application server tonight and see how it goes. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this doesn't resolve it, check that the parameter isn't set in the Instance profile of your Application server using transaction RZ10.

Regards.

Steve.

Answers (0)