cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two catalogs <-> two repositories ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus!!!

I would like to ask you one question, please...

This is my first MDM SRM Catalog 3.0 implementation...and I have many doubts...

In my client, we have to load two differents catalogs,....Should I mount two different repositories in the MDM Console??

Thank you so much in advance,

Best regards,

María.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my client, we have to load two differents catalogs,....Should I mount two different repositories in the MDM Console??

Correct, You need to mount two repository in MDM Console

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi María,

You can go in either ways, it all depends on your requirement. If your data for two catalogs does not differ much you can go with a single repository by creating two webservices using named searches else can also go for two repositories if you want to show one catalog for Product and other for Service etc repository. So it all depends on your requirement (fields , data etc) which you want to publish on these two catalogs separately.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for all the replies!!!

They have been very useful for me!!!

Best regards,

Marí

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria.

I'm not getting your question. What is your requirment to have 2 catalogs?

Are you splitting catalog by any criteria? i.e Catalog for specific Country, Catalog for specific Product Category

If yes, then you can achieve this by having a single repository and create named search for it.

Then you can webservice ids by launching two catalog for it.

Regards

Bala

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Chander. If your requirement is to create separate catalogs based on supplier or product category or any field value, then you can store data in one MDM repository. You can define restrictions using named searches/masks and then can define different web services in SRM system using these Masks/Named searches constraints.

In this way you can achieive multiple catalogs based on same repository.

Best Regards,

Shiv