Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUANTITATIVE CHARACTERISTICS

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly guide me How we will manage

how to manage different materials same characteristcs and different values all materials subjected as a batch management

in my previous project i suggest material wise master inspection characteristics like i have X and Y materials i created X and Y material separate specifications all plants now my user dont want create MIC s many times, can any body face this issue kindly guide me

now i am planning to Create class characteristics and same characteristics link with plant level , i want to create without value in class characteristics when link with mic that time also i dont want characteristic values i want only when i create quality plant that time i will enter the values in quality plan ( Material and plant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you very much your stuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought ,Will a simple MIC with the "Incomplete Copy Model' not solve this purpose?

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sujit thank you your quick reply

system take automatic reference how we will change to incomplete

i created class characteristic and i assigned class charcteristic to MIC this time system always show reference any settings is required guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

As its reference its difficult to dynamically change it in the task list.

Have you tries with the Number range option in the class char? will this help you ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create the general characteristic and link to one MIC. (You have alrady done this I thnk)

Create a class and assign it to the materials. This part can be tricky. Typcially I create a class for each spec and maintain the specs the class. But some times, this results in only 1 or 2 materials per class. So you can assign many materials to a class, and than as an alternative, maintain the specs in the classification view of the material master.

You then maintain the material spec

You typically inspect with both a plan and spec. (this is set up in the inspection type in the material master).

In the inspection plans, leave all mics set as reference characteristics, (locked).

When a lot is created, the system adds the characteristics from the plan and for any locked MICS will first look for values from the material master classification view, if any are maintained there, they will be used. For those characteristics with no values in the material master, it will copy them from the class values.

I hope this helps.

FF