cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need some information how SDK commands are used to read the tag and where does the read data gets populated,also can we integrate RFID reader with SAP database with out using SAP AII and Xi as middleware if so How?

Awaiting for the earliest reply

Thanks in advance

-Teena .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pawan,

First of all thanks alot for your reply,

could u send any sample program which u did before on API using MFC or SDK.

What is the difference in SDK and MFC.

Also could give your mail id.

Thanks in advance,

-Teena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teena,

First of all sorry for replying late.

Difference betwwen SDK nad MFC.

Microsoft Foundation Class Library (also Microsoft Foundation Classes, or MFC) is a Microsoft library that wraps portions of the Windows API in C++ classes, forming an application framework. Classes are defined for many of the handle-managed Windows objects and also for predefined windows and common controls.

check the link for details

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Foundation_Classes

Check the links of these official sites for related code samples

Microsoft Platform SDK is a free package available from Microsoft which contains all header files, libraries and tools required to develop Windows applications. The package also contains documentation and samples.

It includes a kernel mode debugger (KD), 2 user mode debuggers (NTSD and CDB) --- all console based, and a GUI front-end for them (WinDbg), along with all the standard header files and libraries necessary for developing software for the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. It does not include any elaborate GUI tools like the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, or any object-oriented window-library like the Microsoft Foundation Classes. Hence it is very difficult to produce high functionality applications like GUI Office suites using just the SDK. To address this long-standing concern, Microsoft released an Express Edition of their C++ development environment, Visual C++.

Check the link for details

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Platform_SDK

ALso chk the external links given there for some code samples.

I have a document on T6 APIs which I have already given you some details.

If you can give your email -id I will send it to you.

My Email-id is pawan.khilari@wipro.com

Thanks

Pawan

*close the query if your problem is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Please mail me the T6 API docs if you have .

santosh_kharje@rediffmail.com

Thanks

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teena,

I can probably help you in this respect.

<b>You can definitely integrate RFID reader with SAP without using SAP AII and XI.</b>

This is exactly what I am doing in my one of the proposed project.

<b>For RFID Implementation you can use T6 API using sdk or mfc(i am using mfc).

It is an open API and some of the Rfid manufacturers do use this API .</b>

These Commands Start with the nomenclature G4 at the beginning of the command

<b> T6 STANDARD FOR RFID</b>

1. Accepted by ANSI T6 committee

2. under consideration by international standards bodies

3. Clearly defines API

a. Function Call Nomenclature / Purpose

b. Data Structure Nomenclature / Purpose

c. Specific Function Calls / Parameters

d. Supports “interoperability” between T-6-compliant

vendors

T6 API COMMANDS

Main functions

<b>1.G4Open ( )</b>

<b>Purpose</b>

Opens the interface to an interrogator

<b>Description</b>

The G4Open () function establishes a connection between the workstation and an interrogator. The opened interrogator descriptor is used by subsequent functions, such as G4Read () and G4Write (), to access the interrogator. The version of the API supported by the driver is indicated in the version major and version minor fields of the g4_inter_t structure upon successful return from this function. The version major field contains the value of the current major revision number and the version minor field contains the value of the current minor revision number for drivers compliant with this guide.

<b>2.G4GetControl ( )</b>

<b>Purpose</b>

Initializes the g4_control_t structure with default values

<b>Description</b>

The G4GetControl ( ) function initializes the g4_control_t structure referenced bythe Control Pointer parameter. This function can be used to initialize the structure members to default values before setting members to application-specific values. This function does not allocate memory for a new g4_control_t structure. It is the calling application’s responsibility to allocate the necessary memory for this structure before calling G4GetControl ( ).

<b>3.G4Identify ( )</b>

<b>Purpose</b>

Identifies RFID tags

<b>Description</b>

The G4Identify () function identifies RFID tags in the field of view of the Interrogator referred to by the Interrogator Descriptor parameter. G4Identify () results depend on the specific information provided in the Control Pointer parameter. On success, tag list is populated with each tag identified. However, the value of ostatus must be checked for each tag in the tag list. That is, presence in tag list does not guarantee validity of all tags in tag list. The remainder of this function’s description is related to using the recently-added autonomous identify mode.

Autonomous Identify Mode is designed to address applications where the reader needs to maximize the time spent identifying tags. This mode allows the reader to continue to look for tags autonomously while allowing the application to collect and process the identified tags. Note:

While a reader is in Autonomous Identify Mode, other operations such as G4Read and G4Write and some G4GetAttr and G4SetAttr are not currently allowed. Autonomous Identify mode must be terminated before attempting such operations.

<b>4.G4Read ( )</b>

<b>Purpose</b>

Reads RFID tags

<b>Description</b>

The G4Read( ) function reads specified fields of memory locations from the specified RFID tags in the field of view of the interrogator referred to by the Interrogator Descriptor parameter. This function stores results in the g4_control_t structure referenced by the Control Pointer parameter.

<b>5.G4Write ( )</b>

<b>Purpose</b>

Writes to RFID tags

<b>Description</b>

The G4Write( ) function uses the interrogator identified by the Interrogator Descriptor parameter to write the data specified in the Control Pointer tag_field_value member to the tags specified in the tag list member of the Control Pointer structure. This function stores results in the ostatus member of the g4_control_t structure referenced by the Control Pointer parameter. Calls to G4Write () for read-only tags (or for read/write tags in a read-only interrogator system) will fail, and the error code G4E_WRITE_ERROR_RD_ONLY is returned.

<b>6.G4Close ( )</b>

<b>Purpose</b>

Closes the interrogator associated with an interrogator descriptor

<b>Description</b>

The G4Close () function closes a connection between the workstation and an interrogator specified by the Interrogator Descriptor parameter. It also closes the debug log associated with the descriptor and frees other internally allocated resources.

The G4Close () function attempts to cancel outstanding asynchronous I/O requests on this interrogator. If the asynchronous I/O requests cannot be canceled, the application is blocked until the requests have completed. All open interrogator descriptors are closed when a process exits.

<b>7.G4GetFieldNames ( )</b>

<b>Purpose</b>

Returns a list of names of the fields that are available for a given tag or tags

<b>Description</b>

The G4GetFieldNames ( ) function fills in the control structure's fieldnames member with lists of the tag fields that are available for each tag listed in the control structure's tag list member.

(G4 follows T6 nomenclature)

<b>Support functions</b>

a. RFIDAllocateControl ( )

b.RFIDFreeControl ( )

c.G4Log( )

d.G4SetLogLevel ( )

e.G4SetAttr ( ) // Attribute

f. G4GetAttr ( ) // Attribute

<b>There is a typical code sequence which you have to follow using this commands .If you are interested will let you know</b>.

<b>This was for RFID implementation .For SAP integration You can use either IDOCS as Michal mentioned or you can also use RFCS for integrating the rfid data to SAP.</b>

Thanks & regards,

<b>Pawan

*Reward points if ur query is solved</b>

Message was edited by: Pawan Khilari

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I need some information how SDK commands are used to read the tag and where does the read data gets populate

have a look at this document:

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003810542006E/AII40SP3_DC_IF.pdf

>>>>also can we integrate RFID reader with SAP database with out using SAP AII and Xi as middleware if so How?

why not - you just have to create your own XI and AII

that will communicate with R3 via IDOCs

just like XI does with R3 with the data from AII

Regards,

michal