cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe document services on ABAP Stack ERP 6.0 - EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an ERP 6.0 EHP4 installation and I need to configure ADS on this stack. As far as I know ADS comes with the Java Stack and this installation is a single ABAP stack.

What is the best way to do this ADS configuration on this ABAP stack ?

Could you kindly point me to a document where I can find the step by step conflagration on ABAP instance ?

Looking forward to hear from you soon as I need a solution badly.

Thank you in advance

Kushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

I have the same issue.

Can anyone please help me in this....

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Didi u find any solution for installing or using ADS on ABAP stack ?

could you please update the solution for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

I have the same issue with Kusash

Please gulde me to resolve this issue

Thanks

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ADS requires J2EE Engine also referred sometimes as AS JAVA. The ADS sca files are deployed on AS Java and then you need to maintain RFC connection from your ABAP to JAVA stack.

Please check with your BASIS folks for configuring ADS on the JAVA stack and regarding the ADS configuration guide just make a Search and you will find it easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chintan,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm aware that it needs AS Java as I'm a basis guy. But as far as SAP's new product strategy is concern, they don't want you to implement dual stack (ABAP + JAVA). therefore without having an AS JAVA instance is there any other solution to have this ADS on ABAP system ?

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While SAP is slowly moving towards ABAP regarding Web Dynpro but I am not aware of any such product strategy regarding ADS. In case you have read it somewhere then please share it here.

So without having AS JAVA in your landscape (you may use any AS JAVA for that matter) I do not think it's possible have working ADS .

Excerpt from SAP Help for NW7.0 Ehp1

Adobe Document Services run on SAP J2EE Engine. This means that you must install the Java Stack of SAP Web Application Server, regardless of the development language of your application (ABAP or Java).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kushan,

In same lines as Chintan said, ADS can only be installed on a JAVA stack. The JAVA stack can be on the same box as your ABAP or on a differenr server but you still need a JAVA stack.

It is possible to install ADS in a setting where JAVA and ABAP stack on same server but this is not same when you only have ABAP stack