cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Adobe form and Zebra printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When i take the adobe form generated printouts on Laser printer it is printing fine (all lines and alignments are correct).where as, when i am trying to take the same form printount on Zebra printer Lines are not printing and the allingnments are also changing.

we have configured the device type AZPL203 which is provided by SAP only for adobe forms.

I read one thread with same problem, but there is open point with SAP "Currently we are having an open case with SAP and Adobe to solve these problems" . so if you got any responce from SAP and ADOBE Update us with the solution.

Hence anyone please help me to resolve this issue ASP.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks and regards,

Nani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

we have not experienced the problem with text printing any time ,but we have experienced a problem with services maintanance in SICF transaction code than we logged a call to basis folks they resolved it.

but in your case it might be a problem with some basis settings/printer settings to be done . Hence please check with the basis folks.

Thanks and regards,

Nani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your response. we are abel to print the form in Zebra printer but the lines are not coming.

If i find the solution, i will update you the same.

Thanks and regards,

Nani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nani,

It sounds like you are able to at least print text to the zebra printer, and that's farther than I can get. If I may ask.. how do you have your print device setup (in SAP and print server) for your zebra? Maybe between the two of us we might have enough info to put together a whole solution.. ?

Thank you!

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nani,

We are experiencing the same problem. I've done several PDF-forms as we are converting from Smartforms to PDF's. But this is the first PDF-form I've tried to send to a Zebra, and it just doesn't print (doesn't print-preview either). We've tried AZPL203 without success. If you find a solution, please share. If I find a solution that works, I will do the same.

Thanks!

Bill

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have printed Adobe on Zebra printers and it worked fine for me after impementing SAP note 685571. Try and see if it works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sumit,

Yes, we've verified the note has been implemented. And we just repeated that verification.

I've read where the Zebra only accepts Helvetica font. That's what we used in Smartforms, but when I pulled up my test pdf-tag to insure I was using Helvetica, I found that Helvetica isn't available in the drop-down list (even though it's on my laptop). How would I go about adding Helvetica? And could that be the problem?

Thanks for helping!

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scratch that.. it's not the problem. I tried to print a tag and I watched the local print queue. The job never hit the print queue, so it's not clearing SAP. When I run my test program, the dialog box sits there for a few seconds after I click "print", and then it just goes away. Nothing prints.