Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the system/communication id usage in R/3,SRM or any other sys's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to find the usage of the system or a communication user id in various place of the system like RFC....

Is there any table to find that information. i did search to find the related RFC tables but no luck and i found few documents related to communication table but there is no table information.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards

SV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the format used for storing RFC connection is really funky. The RFC definition is stored in the table RFCDES but the parameters are concatenated into one string and that string is split into fields of table RFCDES with type RFCOPTIONS. So basically you are looking for string with format U=<USERNAME> in any field RFCOPTION*.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the format used for storing RFC connection is really funky. The RFC definition is stored in the table RFCDES but the parameters are concatenated into one string and that string is split into fields of table RFCDES with type RFCOPTIONS. So basically you are looking for string with format U=<USERNAME> in any field RFCOPTION*.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

But this table RFCDES didnt show the username as output. Where as i am looking for the user id or name which is getting used in RFC's

Please help me on this.

0 Kudos

Sorry ignore my messgae, with the given solution it has been resolved.

0 Kudos

I tried out the steps you provided worked like charm, to extend more on it,

do you have any method or idea on extracting just the username( U = <username> ) or we have to get the information manually?

0 Kudos

Nope, just a simple custom report.

DATA: rfcs TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF rfcdes,
        rfc TYPE rfcdes,
        rfcdisplay TYPE rfcdisplay.

SELECT * INTO TABLE rfcs FROM rfcdes.
  LOOP AT rfcs INTO rfc.
    CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_RFCDES_TO_RFCDISPLAY'
      EXPORTING
        rfcdes_import = rfc
      IMPORTING
        rfcdis_export = rfcdisplay.
    CHECK NOT rfcdisplay-rfcuser IS INITIAL.
    WRITE: / rfc-rfcdest, rfcdisplay-rfcuser.
  ENDLOOP.

Cheers

0 Kudos

That will typically find the outbound connection.

It is a different ball-game to know where to run the program (for example, some connection data might even be saved in client side scripts).

SM19 is your best friend here.

The RFC client destination profiles in ST03N are next best, but you need to be fast enough.

Cheers,

Julius