Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatic call exit plug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to java web dynpro.

I just need a simple program which can automatic exit and redirect to a new url.

I learn from

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/83/e7c24122e3c317e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

that I can use a button to call the Exit Plug to redirect to a new URL.

But I need the action/method should be call automatic once user lunch the application. just once the user call the web dynpro application, the application exit and redirect to a new URL.

I have tried to add the action/method into wdDoInit(), but it appear a error:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Instance of interface view controller GotoGFInterfaceView does not exist.

it seems I can't call the exit plug in init.

So, question is : How can I make the exit plug be called aotumatic??

thanks in advance

Ming

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, got it

Former Member
0 Kudos

To more clear.

I just need a web dynpro application that auotomatic redirect to a external url when calling. No other action needed to be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the basis of some conditions only you want that exit plug to the second view to be called right? Otherwise why are you calling the first view? If this is the scenario, then after the condition in which you want that second view to be called write

wdThis.wdFirePlug<Plug to second view>.

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RV.

but there is no 2 views. I just have 1 view. What I want is just the application redirect to a url when calling this application.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to go directly to another URL, try creating a URL iview and provide the URL of the location and attach it to the role. so when the user will directly to the location pointed by the URL IView.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Poojith.

I know using URL iView is a option. but this application is called from outside sap portal. URL iView can't be used in the source system but web application can be used. So I need the java web dynpro program.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the threads below:

Regards,

Poojith MV

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What you can do in this case is use a timedtrigger UI and create an action for it which will fire the exit plug

set delay of the timedtrigger equal to 1 second.

So when you will run the application it will automatically open the Url specified in the Url parameter of exitplug

Thnaks

Sarbjeet Singh