cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Account groups?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am confused by these statement i read in Glyn C. Williams page 48 in chapter "master data configuration".

The line is i quote here -

"But the sold-to-party cannot be a customer who is created as account group 002(the Ship-to-Party).

As far my knowledge goes, I know that,any customer that is created as "Sold-to party" automatically has all the other functions assigned to him viz.- Ship to party, Bill to party & Buyer .

Then what does the above statement means?

And why is account group needed? What is its difference from Partner functions?

And why every partner function has been assigned to different groups?

Are there any other functions that is attached to each of this account groups?

How many in total account groups are there in SAP?

In this connection are number ranges related to acc grps? And then what is number ranges

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go view the 0002 account group in SPRO, you will see the "sale" tab fields are all suppressed therefore it cannot be used for a sold-to-party.

Transaction OBD2.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not clear yet. This doesnt answer all my queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is one example, it may clear your doubt.

We have one customer xyz , he is located in one city. Assume that xyz has branches in other cities xyz-a, xyz-b.

If xyz-a and xyz-b required goods 50 and 100 quantity respectively then they will send thier indent to xyz and xyz required goods 200 quantity then xyz will send order for 350 to supplier.

And supplier can send goods to xyz 200 , xyz-a 50 , xyz-b 100. Suplier sending invoice to xyz for 350 and collect amount for 350 quantity from xyz.

in this case xyz is acting as sold to party , ship to party, bill to party and payer

But xyz-a and xyz-b are acting as only ship to parties. They can not send order to supplier directley if these both are created by using account group 0002.

If we create any customer by using 0002 account group , only SH partner function will be assigned to them.

Since SP partner function is not available for them , they can not be customers they can be only ship to parties.

Regards,

Gali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gali....

Very good Example and explaination..........

Rds,

Jose

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a file or box which controls all the details of respective customers.

Standard account group SP SH BP PY

0001 0002 0004 0003

Standard partner functions AG WE RE RG

It controls all the details of repective customers like :

1) Number Ranges

2) One time Account

3) Fields Selection

a) General Data

b) Company code data

c) Sales Data

4) Text Determination Procedure

5) Customer Pricing Procedure

6) Patner Determination Procedure (Patner Functions)

7) Output Determination Procedure

gilmarluiz_puntel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Read this page on help.sap.com to understand the concepts envolved in your issue.

[Business Partner Master Data.|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/53/c98647ca3711d2b494006094b9114a/frameset.htm]

Regards.