cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed Type : Text Large can not be mapped?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in 7.1 Import Manager to Import Large Text.

I have mapped the destination field1 to a source field2 in the "Map Fields/Values" . However I could not see field2 in "Match Records" tab in "Mapped Destination fields" tab. Hence I am not able to do Update on the Matched records in repository.

Can any one share their experience in updating the Large Text fields for already present in the MDM repository

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha

Text large fields can not be used for matching.

As suggested we should use the unique/primary keys for the mapping during the import to avoid duplicates in the MDM reposiotry.

If you are importing only Larget texts in a separate table/independent repository you can also define a counter(Auto ID) field which can act as unique identifier for that table and can be used for the matching.

hope this helps-Ravi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think Auto ID fields can not be used for Record matching. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong...

Many Thanks,

Shiv Prashant Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

This is correct. Auto ID and calculated fields can not be used for matching. In the bave post I meant an extra field which will be a Counter and the values can be used as unique key. It can be also supplied externally from the excel file used for imprting.

Thanks for correcting-Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

This is as per MDM Design and you can not use a field of type Text Large in records matching step .i.e Text large type of field will not be available under Mapped destination Pane of Match Records Tab.

Please check Import Manager reference Guide (page no 338, table 65). Link for import manager reference guide is below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8e7a42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMImportManager71...

Match Step is used to compare Source records with MDM Records based on Some Fields key combination. Logically text large kind of field will not be a key field, so this could be the reason of text large field not getting displayed in the Match Records Tab.

If you want to update data in text large field then you can perform Record matching step using some key field. For example if you want to update Material Text field ( text large), then you can perform record matching based on Material Number. After specifying Material number, you can specify Import action i.e. if match is found then update all mapped fields. So in this way your material text which is text large will get updated in MDM..

Hope this solve your query... kindly revert if any further question.

Best Regards,

Shiv