cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Expression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Gurus,

We got new requirement which would checks the incoming records on 3 fields say field 1, field 2 and field 3 while importing and finding out invalid records and mark custom field 4 as "Invalid" . It should find out invalid records by comparing these 3 fields..if any of these fields having "do not" or "Duplicate" or "Delete", we need to assign field 4 with "Invalid" string , following that we need to send it to some aprroval and finaly we delete it.

Please help building up this scenario..i'm trying hard to find out assignment expression for this requirement to execute this in workflow to set field 4 with invlaid string.

Example :

Name1 Name2 Name 3 Invlaid

Ram Duplicate kumar varma X

Ram patel singh

Virender Singh Do not K X

Your help would be highly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got new requirement which would checks the incoming records on 3 fields say field 1, field 2 and field 3 while importing

As per your requirement, i feel that below MDM Workflow best suits you.

Start(Check out)->Assign(Populate field with value "X")->Process step(Approval will check that records with field values DO Not, DELETE or DUPLICATE has assigned value "X" for Invalid field)->Branch Step(check the validation >Pass(If the Invalid field has values "X")->Stop(rollback) OR Fail(If the Invalid field does not have "X")>Stop2(Check In)

So in this way only records which have value Invalid "X", you don't need to delete as it is not going to create in MDM (Record will be rolled back) and all other records will be checked In (gets created in MDM)

You can set this workflow trigger action on Record Import, so whenever a record gets imported through Import Manager this workflow will trigger and you will have only valid records get created into MDM.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You everyone for the support! We resolved the issue.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested your requirement with below expression and it is working fine at my end.

IF
(FIND (UPPER(Name 1), "DO NOT") 
OR 
(FIND (UPPER(Name 1), "DUPLICATE")) 
OR 
(FIND (UPPER(Name 2), "DO NOT")) 
OR 
(FIND (UPPER(Name 2), "DUPLICATE")) 
OR 
(FIND (UPPER(Name 3), "DO NOT")) 
OR 
(FIND (UPPER(Name 3), "DUPLICATE")), "X")

Assignment field will be your "Invalid" i.e while defining assignment define "Invalid" field as assignment field.

I tried assigning Invalid flag value to a TEXT field. In case your requirement is to assign value to any Lookup flat field then you can also do it..

Give a try to above mentioned expression and revert if any issue..

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can define a MDM workflow with steps-

Start->Assign(use the expression as suggested by Shiv)->Validate->Branch for Approve( if the Invalid flag has values)-> Process(Mark the records for deletion)->Stop.

This workflow can be triggered for any new record addition or can be triggered for the import action as part of the imprt map.

Hope this helps-Ravi