cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Catalog returning wrong Product Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts

1. As we have only indirect procurement, and using teh CAtalog with the product Category only, . Is it mandatory to maintain a product atbackend to reflect the exact product category from MDM to SRM shop cart while transferring items from MDM catalog.

Client cant maintain the material Master.

2. Is it required to maintain a seperate Service Catalog than Product Catalog. As I see the OCI mappring is mandatory to maintain either with product or service.

If yes then shall I need to start from Catalog creation at Console and create a seperate web service with that Service Catalog name and maintain both of product and service catalog in PPOMA_BBP Cat id.

Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay.

>>2. Is it required to maintain a seperate Service Catalog than Product Catalog. As I see the OCI mappring is mandatory to maintain >>either with product or service.

@Shiv: Sorry, I don't agree on your comments, even though it is technically possible. It is not recommended by SAP.

@Sanjay:

The repository schema is same for both product as well as service catalog. Even though it is technically possible in MDM to maintain both products and service in a same repository, SAP recommends to keep it separate for products and services.

Also catalog behaves strangely if you maintain both (products and services) in same repository. Because Service items are always shown as hierarchy in service catalog whereas the products are flat items.

So once you have separate repository for both products and services, you can create a separate webservices and assign the webservice id to PPOMA_BBP.

Let me know if you have any query.

Regards

Bala

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chander,

We did a technical feasibility check some months back as a POC and concluded that it is possible to maintain service as well as product in 1 MDM repository.

Thanks for letting us know the SAP recommendations.

But by any chance, please can you provide any SAP note/ standard Documents which mentions the same thing.. This will help us to put forward our point for separate MDM repositories for Services and Products, instead of one repository...

Best Regards,

Shiv

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

1. It is not mandatory to maintain a product at the backend. You can replicate product categories from SRM to MDM and can assign/map these categories to Supplier Products. then Using OCI this category will be transferred to SRM along with other product information and shopping cart can be created.

2. No, You can maintain Service as well as product Catalog in single MDM repository. No Need to create seperate repository for Service Catalog. But you can define seperate web services in SRM system for the same MDM repository. You can specify filter criteria as per your requirement using Masks/named Searches feature of MDM. and can assign these web services to users using PPOMA_BBP.

Hope this will help.. Revert if any further query...

Best Regards,

Shiv